Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Visit with Julie and Gabe

I'm a bit behind on my blog and am getting a major back-log of pictures.We've been out of town, so here's to catching up...

Last week Walter's sister Julie and her son Gabe visited for a few days. Isabella had a blast playing with Gabe and of course bossing him around. By the way, Isabella's newest favorite phrase is, "of course". Now, not in the sense that she would say, "of course mommy" but more like after I bring her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich she says, "and a Dora show, of course." Yesterday in the car she said, "my teacher is at my library and of course Maya--sometimes Maya hits me and then I cry." Um, yeah, it's not like you never do anything to make Maya cry.

Anyway, we had a nice visit with Julie and did some fun things like going to the neighborhood kiddie pool, a pontoon boat ride and watching Veggie Tales. Which, they (including Sarah) have yet to convince me that Veggie Tales is worth watching. A not-so-fun thing we did: went out to eat with two toddlers and a baby. Live and learn, right.







All the kids got a chance to drive the boat!

Isabella wasn't very excited about it--she just wanted the sticker.

Isaac did very well and chewed on my thumb the entire trip.




**********************************************************

For Isabella's birthday I got these dry-erase activity cards and was very impressed when I saw her do this:









Yeah, I basically think she's a genius. And yes, I know every parent thinks that about their own child. On a more serious note, she is quite artistic so I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up as an artist of some sort. For her sake though, I do hope she is much better at math than I am. And for my own sake, that would save having to deal with a lot tears over the many years of math homework! I'm pretty sure my parent's used to have a book entitled Homework Without Tears--that never happened.

*************************************************************

I am really happy to wear my rings again...



I'm also very excited about my latest haircut--seriously, the best I've ever had. Due to a my friend Emily's recommendation, I had it cut at a place called Skullz--yeah, I know, I'm not really a person who would go to a place called Skullz. It was definitely an out-of-the-box experience for me, and I will definitely go back. By the way, men do the best hair cuts...


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I've been stalking your blog all day...which is why this comment is coming less than 10 minutes after you posted! First of all, I do not believe that Maya would EVER hit Isabella. My little angel? ;) Second, um, your kid is a genius. Her fish looked awesome! Lastly, your hair is awesome, too.

    Oh, and it looks like Dora and Boots had quite the time on the pontoon boat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artistic? Have you seen her smiley pictures?! I think she better stick to goldfish haha.

    You can't say men do the best haircuts!

    ReplyDelete