Thursday, July 1, 2010

Being a Toddler is SO hard...

(this was written yesterday)

We've actually had a pretty good day. We went to the outlet mall and bought new onesies for Isaac because believe it or not, he's outgrown the newborn onesies. While we were there Isabella got to feed the ducks, which was totally fun, I only wish I could be as easily entertained! Then, we got home, and just when I though it would be great to go outside and play, it's a beautiful day here, Isabella decided that she wanted to go out the front door instead of the back door. Well, I said no, because we hardly ever go out the front door and that doesn't make sense anyway if you're going to the back yard. Seriously, you would have thought I ruined her life. For the next forty minutes, I promise I'm not exaggerating, I timed it, she screamed that she "doesn't like that door (the back door)" and "(the front door) is my favorite." Why, oh why, is it so hard to be a toddler. I mean really, why should it even matter which door you go out?

On a different note, Isaac is learning this week that he has more control over his hands and that he can open and close his hands. I sat watching him the other day while waiting for Isabella to wake up and it was so interesting how he would stare at his hand and I could see his mind working so that he could open up his fist. Amazing. Babies really are amazing. He's also becoming more deliberate about his movements while on the playmat. He tries so hard to hit the toys. I love watching his perserverance. He's also starting to laugh! He enjoys when we play peek-a-boo or blow on his feet or belly and then pop back up and smile at him. Isabella likes to play these games with him too but she pretty much just scares him...I would be scared too.

Life with Isaac has been challenging though...I'm not going to lie. According to Dr. Sears' list of the features of a high needs baby...Isaac fits the bill. I'm still holding out for this being a phase though. He was content until about the fourth week of his life and then something happened. He is extremely sensitive to noise and to lots of people being around--almost to the point where Walter and I thought (or I guess still think) something was/is wrong with him. Needless to say, Isaac and I will have to skip fireworks this year. I think they would completely freak him out. When he is content, it's fun to watch him react to his toys and I love his smiles and little coos.






On our way home from shopping, we stopped at one of the houses my mom has listed so that we could see these baby birds...

And earlier in the day, Isabella wanted her nails painted...

1 comment:

  1. Awww those painted-toe pictures are some of my favorites. I have some of Maya that I just love! And I'm not sure how you didn't know that the front door is SO MUCH BETTER than the back door :P I mean, really.

    ReplyDelete