Thursday, July 22, 2010

Any Body Need Dog Hair!

I brushed Stella and got four giant balls of hair. My mom is probably cringing right now because she can't stand dog hair. Seriously though, when I took a knitting class a few years ago, one of the students actually saved all of her dog's hair in order to have it spun into yarn...yeah, I know, totally weird. I just let the birds enjoy Stella's hair. And I'm not kidding, if I brush her hair and then wait a few minutes, birds come down and pick up pieces to build nests with, or at least I'm assuming that's what they do with it.

My dog has never been one to chew up anything other diapers (well, besides that spatula), so I was very surprised when I when I looked out the window and saw her enjoying something way too much. It turns out she was tossing around one of Isabella's paint brushes...




After I made sure to take some pictures I then scolded her and told her she would have a time-out if she didn't drop the paint brush. Yes, we give our dog time-outs. We set the timer--one minute for each year of her life...no, just kidding! Do they work, well, she at least sees them as enough of a threat that she gave up the paint brush! Pretty much we just have to say, "STELLA, DO YOU WANT A TIME-OUT?" And then she puts her tail between her legs and stops whatever she was doing. Hmmm, too bad it's not that easy with Isabella.

Well anyway, when she isn't stealing food or eating a diaper, a pile of laundry suits her just fine...


And her latest treat comes when I'm done nursing Isaac and walking around with him and he spews spit-up over my shoulder and it lands with a splat on the floor. Stella comes running and by the time I get a towel she's taken care of it...how handy! Yum. Really, I promise, I clean the floor after she does!



2 comments:

  1. I admit it I don't like dog hair! But I do love Stella in photos! She makes me laugh out loud! She has earned her status as a Thief!

    Mom aka Barbara

    ReplyDelete