Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunny Days and Summer Fun

Every weekend morning Walter asks if I'm going to make coffee. Of course he knows by now that I can't go a day without my freshly ground coffee. I love coffee, maybe a little too much, but I love it even more on the weekends when I can enjoy it with someone else--an adult that is, Isabella drinks her fair share of coffee too. I recently heard from my dad that three cups of coffee or more a day, keeps alzheimers away--looks like I'm set!

I looked out my kitchen window this morning and it seemed that Stella was enjoying something a little too much. My first thought was that she caught another bunny (don't worry she doesn't eat them she just tortures them, none have died from this torture yet) but, upon closer inspection, I saw that she was very proud of herself for getting a hamburger flipper (otherwise known as a "burger spatula"--I had to look that up). She usually doesn't chew household objects, just diapers and nursing pads, but this must have had just enough hamburger flavor left for her to enjoy. Like I told my mom a few days ago, I'm thankful that Stella doesn't need too much food to survive because I'm pretty sure I've forgotten to feed her several times in the last two weeks. But she seems to manage. She finishes off Isabella's cereal or steals her crackers when she isn't looking, or when all else fails she eats a poopy diaper. Oh, and her favorite thing to steal from the counter when I'm not looking, is a stick of butter. Yup, I'm pretty sure she'll have a heart attack some day from all of the butter she's eaten. She always manages to look so innocent...



Isabella had a great time this weekend. She got to play with her cousin Gabe, who loves tractors. Gabe and Isabella spent a lot of time playing on Opa's tractors (thankfully he has two of them).


We learned that Isaac loves to swing in the hammock. And everyone commented on how much he studies his hands.

We went to Charlotte's first birthday party where the girls had tons of fun playing with the water table that Michael made...

And somehow, Isaac always looks like a grandpa with his high riding pants...

Monday morning Walter took Isabella to a parade and Isaac and I enjoyed a quiet morning at home.

***********************************************

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you with Isaac in the hammock! Beautiful :) And I didn't know that your father-in-law had tractors...getting to sit on the tractor is Maya's favorite part of going to Home Depot!

    ReplyDelete