Sunday, July 11, 2010

NOOOOO, IT'S TOO SUNNY!

It's been pretty hot here the last couple weeks and as you know, I am someone who melts in the heat. No, I'm not joking. I can't handle the heat. I'm the person who goes to the beach but stays in the beach house the whole time. Or, if I do muster up some force against the heat and venture out to the hot sand, I'm the one sitting under the umbrella, with a hat on, with giant sunglasses on, complaining about how hot is. Anybody want to go to the beach with me? Haha! When I was about ten years old I wanted to be an astronaut. Now, of course this is totally unrealistic based on the fact that I absolutely hate math and science, but at one time I was completely obsessed with learning about astronauts and the planets, and even wrote to Sally K. Ride (if you don't know who she is, shame on you, you'll have to look her up!). But when I realized that to be an astronaut I would have to live in Florida or Texas...well, let's just say, that profession was thrown out the window! It's okay, they wouldn't have wanted me anyway, I had to take college algebra three times before passing with a D--haha, probably not too many astronauts could say that!

Anyway, all of that to say that Isabella is a little version of me and boy is it annoying. When we walk out of a store she often refuses to move and screams, "It's too sunny!" "I don't like the sun!" "It's too hot!" "I'm sweaty, I need new clothes!" Then I have to make it really fun to run to the car so that the sun doesn't get us.

Let's talk about good sweat though...I went to the gym three times last week and it was amazing. I could barely move the day after the cardio/chisel class, but that's a good thing right? Isaac did pretty well being left with Walter--let's just say, everyone was still alive when I got home, so really that's all I care about.

Walter and I went on a date last night. We were only gone for an hour and a half because we were anxious to see how our little man was doing, but it felt more like five hours because we are never without Isaac and Isabella. It's nice to look at your spouse every once in a while though and spend time talking and remembering why you share a house with them. While we were gone Isabella managed to get stung by a bee (thankfully she's not allergic) and also fell on the sidewalk. But as usual, since my mom considers personal hygiene of greater importance than I do, Isabella was sent home bathed and with clean hair...thanks Jess!

(Isabella is standing next to me and just bumped her head on the table and then proceeded to tell the table that it was not being nice to her and shouldn't hit her on the head.)

So, it's been a good weekend. Yesterday I got to take a nap, which was a huge bonus and I was also able to paint some of our outdoor furniture that has been waiting for me since we moved here.

Here are some pictures from the last few days...





This was Walter's craft idea (it's shaving cream):



Opa's zucchini...




Come on Stella, you know you need a sticker too...





Today Isabella told me that Isaac is her best friend. I said, "good, he'd better always be your best friend or else!"




1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you guys have so much trouble bathing these children. Isabella is fine with me (as long as I tell her that she gets a special treat if she doesn't scream!).

    ReplyDelete