Friday, August 20, 2010

"We're best friends, right mommy?"

That's what Isabella said to me in the car yesterday. Then she told me that Maya is her "best girl". I was watching her the other day as she was walking away from me and thought, wow, she isn't a toddler anymore, she's turning into a little girl. And Isaac isn't a newborn anymore, which is good. I am thankful that babies don't stay babies and toddlers don't stay toddlers. I enjoy watching the progression of these little lives as they unfold. I love how as I type this Isaac is talking to Isabella and Isabella is telling him how cute he is. They're in Isaac's room right now. Isabella must have heard him wake up before I did.

Isaac is in a phase, and I say "phase" because I am praying daily that it is just that. He wants me to hold him all.day.long. I'm not exaggerating. If I'm not holding him, I have to sit right next to him while he is in the bouncy seat. And for some reason, putting him right next to the chair I am sitting in while sewing, doesn't count...not too sure why. He is very determined to get my undivided attention. He is becoming quite the charmer though. He snorts when he laughs (that's not charming, it's just plain funny) and really enjoys animal sounds. Oh, and he likes to pull Isabella's hair, which really he doesn't even know he's doing, but she runs to me screaming, "mommy, Isaac pulled my hair." Or the latest, "Isaac pushed me over" or "Isaac scared me" -- yes, he is quite scary and definitely strong enough to push you over.

Conversation of the week:

"mommy, did you bring the Snoopy band aids?"
"maybe"
"no mommy, a yes answer or a no answer."

I'm almost done with the purses. Hopefully I can post pictures in the next few days. After that, I have several other (more fun) sewing projects lined up.

Last night Walter was reading one of those MSN articles that listed things you shouldn't buy. Do you want to know what they had the audacity to include on that list???? BOOKS. Seriously, dumb article writer, you should be ashamed of yourself. That's all I can say about that. Side note, I'm not opposed to the Kindle, actually I wouldn't mind having one, but nothing, and I say, nothing, will ever replace the feeling of holding a book.

Gisela has taken Isabella to the neighborhood wading pool several times in the last couple weeks. Isabella loves it and in theory I am supposed to have time to get some things done. In reality, I spend the time holding Isaac. Yesterday I gave him a bath, yes, I bathed him, and then we had our own little photo shoot.

He's wearing a cloth diaper. We'll see how it goes. These are the ones I used with Isabella.






Wrinkly bath toes.








Too bad he has a booger in his nose.








No more pictures, mom!



Attempting to sew with Isaac...



Isabella and I are regulars at the fabric store. Mainly just to look because fabric is cheaper on-line and you can buy better fabrics on-line. BUT, I couldn't resist when I saw this line of Classic Winnie-the-Pooh fabric...


Beware: at Hobby Lobby they are not conscientious about keeping the fabric straight while they cut. Very frustrating because you lose yardage.


"Mommy, here is a beautiful flower for when you get married." 



"Mommy, is this enough?"

I don't know if you can tell, but the cheese is literally piled on her plate. Enough so that Walter and I were able to use what was on her plate too. The hazard of letting her pour her own parmesan cheese. Oh well. It made me laugh.


Another great thing about our house is that we are only a few doors down from Starbucks. Sometimes we walk over there just to get out for a bit...



"Mommy, maybe if I make funny faces, Isaac will laugh"





Nope, don't think so...





It's been a long week and Sarah's been out of town so that doesn't help. Gosh Sarah, why did you have to go off and leave us! Next time we'll just come along too...ha ha! Walter is going to Orlando for work next week, just one night so it's not a big deal. I'm kind of jealous though.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I read the same article and was like...did they seriously just say you shouldn't buy books?!?! Sierra should see this...and what do you know, you did.

    ReplyDelete