Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trip to Columbus

A week ago Isabella, Isaac and I traveled to Columbus to visit with family. Isabella had the time of her life following around Maresa and trying to get Maresa to do everything she wanted or demanded--whichever way you want to look at it. I already posted the pictures from the Franklin Park Conservatory, but we also went to the Columbus Zoo where we met up with Julie and Gabe. Isaac did very well on the trip and I had fun visiting with out-of-town relatives and of course the in-town ones too!


These elephants were adorable and put on quite a show. I couldn't resist the cuteness of three elephants butts in a row...










The polar bear exhibit was wonderful, I just wish I could have seen them in the underwater viewing area. Unfortunately, Gabe and Isabella simultaneously broke down and we had to make a quick exit. When Walter saw this picture he said, "oh, that's cute that they're holding hands." Actually, Isabella is forcing Gabe to stand up...





The tiger, checking out the water



"Can't I just take a nap..."










That evening the whole family went out to dinner at The Cap City Grill...yum! Next time I'm going to order the mac n' cheese from the kids' menu, it was delicious!








I'm pretty sure Josh will make an excellent husband...


When I asked him to help by bringing out my purse, he didn't even give it a second thought! A true man right there!


Isabella spent most of the time trying to be like the big kids...





On the last night of our visit everyone did sparklers and Josh got this picture of Rachel writing her name...

FYI: You have to have a very slow shutter speed to be able to do this.


Our first stop, and a very quick stop, was at my grandma and grandpa's house...


No comments:

Post a Comment