Friday, August 6, 2010

Random happenings...

After sifting through various Rubbermaid containers full of pre-pregnancy clothes, I found a skirt to wear to the wedding tomorrow. It's at least encouraging to know that some things are starting to fit again. The day after boot camp, I went to standing pilates, which is just as it sounds, mainly arm and leg exercises. It was a killer but also one of my favorite classes. I've been waiting many months to start going again and man oh man was it tough.

Isaac was rather fussy this week. It has been unfortunate because I was starting to get used to him being rather content. It got to the point where I took him to the doctor yesterday. Of course when we got there he was all smiles and was actually laughing as the doctor examined him--thanks Isaac, I really appreciate it. Turns out there is nothing wrong with him. The only good part about that trip (because it was a complete waste of time and money) was that the doctor kindly offered me tissues and listened to me cry about how I don't know what to do or why Isaac is fussy. Then he asked about Isaac's sleep habits (actually, Isaac sleeps pretty well, Isabella is more the problem). He said that around four months a baby is supposed to develop more "mature" sleep habits. I laughed and said, "oh, so that means my three year old here is supposed to have mature sleep habits?!" That of course led him to ask what kind of sleep "training" we use...uh, well, um..."we're pretty lax about sleep in our house." Well, that led him to suggest a book about sleep. Now, I must inform you that this was not our regular doctor because he's out of town and would know better than to tell me to "sleep train" my baby. Well anyway, I know he has good intentions and I really did like him, but as with any advice it's usually best to "smile and nod" -- so that's what I did and withheld the fact that Isabella went to bed at 11:30 p.m. the night before.

Last night at the park, Isabella wanted to go in the sand box and of course I said no because open sand boxes gross me out and I tend to only picture all of the animals peeing and pooping in them--gross, I know, so she said, "well, I won't go in the sand box, I'll just stay outside of it, okay mommy, I'll just watch them play in the sand box." And after we got back home and she was covered head to toe in dirt and mulch, she was in the tub and I told her it was time to get out and she promptly responded, "in just a minute mommy." I mean really, are three year olds supposed to talk that way?

I decided it's time to start sewing again and (literally) dust off my sewing machine. I have definitely missed sewing, but it's been hard to get motivated. Actually, motivation has passed and necessity has replaced it because I have seven purses to make before September and I need to get them done. Here's to getting to know my sewing machine again:




Isabella enjoys taking part in sewing. I give her a pile of fabric scraps and she goes to town cutting them up into little pieces.



After all that work to move my sewing machine from the actual sewing room (I moved it for convenience sake, that way I can keep a better watch on what Isabella is doing) I have yet to sew a darn thing.


**********************************************************************************

When I was in high school I dated a guy who was really into cars, so naturally I also became interested in cars. I can still appreciate a good car when I see one and was majorly disappointed when several months ago, a neon green Lamborghini was parked outside of Starbucks and I didn't have my camera with me. So, when my sister and I pulled into the Nordstrom parking lot and saw this, I was super excited and my sister thought I was a super big dork...






Man, I wish I could drive one of those! Thanks to my first car being stick shift, I can drive "one of those"--that is, if I ever have the chance.

*********************************************************************************

Isaac's first time sitting in the Bumbo:

This is a typical Isaac face.




Caught you Stella!


While on vacation Josh started to play around with my camera. I think he's getting the hang of it and may have a future in photography too...


Tomorrow we're off to a wedding. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that made me so happy when you put up the pictures I took too! Thanks a bunch, I love the one of Isabella laying in the grass.

    ReplyDelete