Tuesday, August 3, 2010

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT...

Anybody watch Biggest Loser?

After a gruelling work out at the gym, I was sitting on the couch with Isabella and Isaac going back and forth giving hugs and kisses, when Isabella looked up at me from a hug and said, "mommy, do you think I'll ever be a beautiful mermaid?" "I don't know. Do you think I'll ever be a beautiful princess?" "Yes. And I hope daddy will be a chicken." I burst out laughing because I have no idea why Walter would be a chicken if she and I were going to be a mermaid and a princess. Tough luck, I guess.

Ah, yes, my workout. I'm pretty sure the Boot Camp (that's what the class is called) teacher's goal was to make someone fall on the floor and pass out. I like how she always says "last set" and it turns out to be a LIE because we end up doing three more sets and a "set" by the way equals ten of whatever we're doing. It kind of reminds of how when we were training for the bike trips with my dad, he would say, "we're almost there, just a little bit longer" and it would end up being twenty miles longer. I think I'm safe to say that I will quite sore tomorrow. There's this one girl who comes to the Boot Camp class who just to show how amazing she is, throws in extra jumping jacks and extra sprints. She also jumps extra high. Oh, and when we're lining up to run sprints or suicides she makes sure to jog in place until her turn comes. I was watching her today and I'm pretty sure she has some sort of secret spring in her tennis shoes because I really don't think it's possible for someone to be so bouncy--weird. Going to the gym again has been amazing. Wow, I feel so good and my stomach is starting to go back together. I'm not too sure Walter enjoys having Isabella and Isaac for the hour and a half I'm gone, but, you know, it takes two to tango and when the result of that tango is a baby (or two) then the dancing never stops.

I've been working on some pre-school worksheets with Isabella and yesterday she was supposed to color all of the squares on the page. After a while she said, "mommy, I'm tired of squares, I just like the circles." Then, when we were playing a thrilling game of Puppy Pals Bingo by Cranium, I went to get my camera and she said, "mommy, can't you just sit down." I swear she sounded like she was thirteen. At least we'll play some more interesting games when she's thirteen.

This morning I woke up and heard Isabella in the bathroom so I went to check on her and she was sitting on her little potty completely naked. "Isabella, what happened to your pajamas?" "I had to take them off because I need to wear my fancy skirt!"

Here's the fancy skirt--wearing a fancy skirt means that you can fly, sing very loudly and be a beautiful princess--I found it at H&M...













I found her in Sam's room at playgroup today. Wearing duck slippers and a bucket on her head.





And here are some of my new favorite photos of Isaac...







2 comments:

  1. Wow! I seriously think your pictures get better and better with each post. The one of Isabella at the mirror is just awesome. I suppose having adorable subjects helps :)

    And I think it is hilarious that Isabella wants to be a beautiful mermaid :) Especially, you know, since Walter would be a chicken and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A skirt that twirls and looks pretty is always the best! Wait till she finds out there are black patent leather shoes that click!!!!

    She reminds me of you and Jesse. The two of you primped, twirled and looked ready to go to a party most of the time along with your black patent leather shoes!

    I love the photos and your writing.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete