Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dear Isaac,

Please stop waking up at 6 a.m. or worse, 5 a.m. I know I am your favorite person in the whole wide world and that you think I am the most beautiful person you have ever seen but let's face it, I just don't look that good when I wake up that early. Can our morning date start no early than 7:00? Thanks. Love, Your Mama

Isaac has reached some fun milestones this past week. He started pulling up his legs so that he can touch his feet. He can now purposefully reach for objects--the first time this happened was last Tuesday when I was sitting on the bed with him and reached out to touch Stella and gave her a big smile. And this morning he was so close to rolling over. I think rolling over scares him. He'll start going then and whoa, what's going on, I didn't mean to do that! He's also becoming quite chatty and loves undivided attention.

Some not-so-fun additions to Isabella's vocabulary this week: "whatever" and "I don't care".

I already said in a previous post that Isabella went to Vacation Bible School last week where she learned that God made her a superstar. When we picked her up I was told that she and Maya were inseparable.




And here's Maya praisn' Jesus...


Of course Walter, Sarah and I stood around asking each other a hundred times whether or not we thought they (Isabella and Maya) would do okay. Most of the other parents, unless they were helping out, were already long gone. They were fine and had fun but it was still weird to leave her somewhere where I actually left the building. It was nice though because Walter and I had some time to spend with Isaac.







***********************************************************************

Last week we also went to a dessert picnic with friends...yum! Sarah got these wonderful photographs...







Cheryn and Beth nursing there little ones...







************************************************************************

Gosh, I'm so far behind on my blog. Obviously, last week was a busy one because we also went to a wedding. Isabella had loads of fun and became instant friends with the flower girl. Really I think she'll become friends with anyone who is wearing a poofy dress and a "crown". Yesterday we were at the mall and every female who passed us and was wearing a dress, she told them they looked "very pretty".





What a goofball!


Well, maybe weddings aren't that fun after all.









Isabella gladly helped the flower girl in accomplishing her personal goal of picking up all of the flower pieces...






Sisters

Congratulations Brian and Leah!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures from the wedding!

    I had forgotten that Michael and I took a self-portrait lol :) I think that my favorite picture is Maya praisin Jesus :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for posting these, we hope all of our other pictures come out this well! -Brian & Leah

    ReplyDelete