Sunday, August 15, 2010

First cold...

Yesterday Isaac developed his first case of the sniffles. My poor Little Man looked so pathetic with red watery eyes and a very stuffy nose. He was up quite a bit last night but seems much better today.

About an hour ago I cleaned out my car. I'm pretty sure at some point this week I will regret having done that. I know, it's nice to have a car free of junk, BUT I could have clothed five children and two adults and diapered at least fifty (children that is, not adults). That enormous pile of "emergency" clothes is in the washing machine, along with two beach towels, three baby blankets and about three burp cloths. Among the collection I found three pairs of shoes, two lawn chairs, several little people, three pairs of sunglasses, two hats, bug spray, hair clips, three packages of wipes...yeah, I know, the Honda Fit can hold a lot--pretty cool right?

Something else monumental happened today. I let Walter go grocery shopping with me. It takes a lot for me to handle going shopping with him. I don't know what it is but I just don't like company when I'm grocery shopping. Probably because he asks me ten thousand questions: do we need this, do we need that, are going to get this, can you make these...and on and on... Then, when I told him he could go get in line to check-out and I came to the front of the store with the last item, he was using the self-checkout. Now, only a crazy person uses the self-checkout for $100.00 of groceries. Despite all of that, I did benefit from him taking in all of the groceries and putting them all away.

Because of this ridiculously HOT and HUMID weather, I've been trying to find some fun indoor craft projects for Isabella. Last week we scoured the sale bins at JoAnn Fabrics and found lots of fun stickers, glitter glue, poster paints (I love these--we filled a whole pad of paper in one day with our amazing artwork--talk about killing trees), and foam puppet-making kits. Friday evening we made some puppets and she's had a blast playing with them.


Check out this precision




Focus








Isabella, Isaac and I went to a La Leche League Meeting Friday morning. After that we had lunch at Beechwood Mall, where they now have a crepe stand, which made for the perfect lunch stop and of course you can't go to Beechwood Mall without a stop at Sephora. Isabella took this trip to make-up heaven very seriously...


She chose a bright shade of red lipstick...pretty sure it was Dior--good taste, right Jess?


Later that night Isabella and Isaac shared some sibling love...

I love the look on her face in this picture--it shows love.


I'm getting really tired of Puppy Pals Bingo. It's not the game itself, but the fact that Isabella is very specific about whether or not you put a boy or girl dog on each spot. This makes the game take forever and I have to practice deep breathing and extra patience so that I don't throw all of the pieces across the room--no I do not have rage problems.

An example of the debate about which dog should go on the game board.

And last but not least, Isabella, Maya and Charlotte were being super cute after church last night...

Put your hands in the air! I promise I'm innocent!

"Nobody puts baby in a corner"...sorry, couldn't help it, I love the movie Dirty Dancing. They're playing hide-and-go-seek.

This was Maya's hiding spot...
I bet you're having a hard time finding her.


 I'm hoping to get LOTS of sewing done this week. I'm tired of these purses and want to start on some more interesting sewing projects. Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Ok so apparently I'm a wee bit emotional because when I saw the picture of Isaac with the monkey that Isabella made tucked into his arm I started crying. I'm not even kidding. And no, I'm not pregnant. There's just something so awesome about sibling love that makes me sappy and weepy and all those other flowery words :P

    Maya's hiding spot was ahhhmazing. I stared for milliseconds upon milliseconds before finding her!

    ReplyDelete