Friday, October 26, 2012

What are you going to be for Halloween?

I'm going to be a mom. Let's just get that out of the way. Totally creative, right? Just so you know, I completely fail in the Halloween department. If society didn't create all of this build up over the holiday (is it really a holiday? I don't know), my kids probably wouldn't know it even existed. So when Isabella announced in the car what she wanted to be for Halloween, I was shocked, because we never even mentioned it. She wants to be a ballerina fairy. This is the best costume ever. I don't have to do anything! She already has her ballet performance leotard and she has wings. Check and check. Done. 

I was with Isaac at his appointment for his orthotics, and the orthotist asked what my kids are going to be for Halloween and I said, "Well, we're not really into to Halloween." He said he was surprised because apparently, I look like the kind of mom who spend a lot of time making costumes. Hmmm. It looks like I'm unintentionally giving off a crafty mom vibe. That is so not me. Alas. 

On the other hand, I have a daughter who is very creative in the clothing department. Exhibit A: 

I have a dog who is creative at fitting in spaces that are much too small for her. Exhibit B:

I have a husband and small child who make very creative sounds when snoring. Exhibit C:


I mentioned taking Isaac to get measured for his orthotics. He did amazingly well. Mainly because he slept almost the entire time, including the casting of one foot, which meant casting the second foot was a bit unpleasant. In about two weeks his AFOs should be ready and we should be on our way to even stronger legs and proper foot and ankle alignment.

Playing in the leaves...
 Please notice, if you can, the giant snot bubble and steady stream of snot...



Stella wanted to play too, which meant she practically pounced on Isaac, and as a result, Isaac had this face...





 Walter has on some pretty cool pants, right? 

And, as promised, a picture of our new furniture. I'm working on new prints to hang over the chair, and after a lot of deliberation at TJ Maxx, Isabella and I chose the blue lamps and the throw pillows.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I love how the living room looks with the lamps and pillows!

    That's hilarious about halloween costumes :) Maya chose to be a flower girl fairy, which, like Isabella's costume is awesome because we already had the parts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara aka Mom aka GarOctober 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

    Dear Sierra,

    I must apologize for being such a Lame Halloween Mom. You must have inherited the lack of thought about Halloween and Halloween costumes from me. People have asked me "what are your grandchildren going to be for Halloween" my replay is I have no idea. "Is Halloween soon?" Sorry

    I am so lame this year I didn't even buy candy to hand out. I bought little bags of pretzels! As usual we will probably put up a sign that says take a bag of pretzels. Happy Halloween! This self help system has worked well for years! It is similar to Panera, McDonalds, etc... that has trained everyone to throw away the trash and bus their tables.

    Happy Halloween from the Lame Halloween Mom/Gar!

    I love the Blue Lamps and pillow!

    Love you,

    Mom aka Barbara aka Gar

    ReplyDelete