Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall photo shoot

I hid from my kids and ate two dark chocolate biscotti. I'm not sure what that says about me, but I happily dunked the biscotti in my tea, and since I'm tired, more often than not, I chewed with my eyes closed. That's talent. Napping while eating, try it.

Isaac woke up with a disgusting runny nose. He's basically a snot machine today, and since we don't have any tissues, obviously I use my sweater to wipe his nose. That was a given, right?

I don't know about this girl. If you have any "parenting of a five year old" tips, let's hear 'em, because I can't do anything right around here. When I was complaining to Walter that his snoring was keeping me up at night, she did have some very good advice: Just pretend it's Japanese music. It's not working. And my parenting isn't working either.

You can't tell, but she complained throughout this entire series of pictures.








This little man was my photography super star. It helped that Walter was diving through leaves behind me, which Isaac thought was very amusing.













And for this series, Walter was running into a wall and falling on the ground. Whatever it takes, right.



Isaac is doing really well with walking. He now insists that he walk everywhere. While at the grocery store (moving at a very slow pace), I asked him several times if he was tired and would like me to carry him, he said, "No!", ever time. It took us awhile, but he made it all the way around the store, and even back to produce for a forgotten lemon.

Last week he had a neurology appointment. His doctor is very happy with his progress. She thinks we should be admitted for intensive feeding therapy sooner than next fall, but I can't handle that. We're sticking with fall of 2013. As for now, I'm pretty sure we'll terminate (doesn't that sound intense) feeding therapy before the end of this month. I'm tired of it, Isaac hates it (which I know isn't a good reason, but I really think he just doesn't like his feeding therapist), I'm tired of sitting at a weekly appointment listening to him scream for 30-40 minutes, and he has been refusing to eat anything for over a month. So, at this point, what's the point? On the other hand, a week ago he licked an M&M, at Chick-fil-A he sucked on a french fry, and Saturday night he was putting popcorn in his mouth. I don't know what to think of this kid!

We are gearing up for six appointments this week. On Friday Isaac will be measured for his AFOs (ankle/foot orthotics). I would tell you the name of the medical reason that he needs them, but that would mean getting up from the computer. Basically, low muscle tone makes his food tilt inward when he walks, and if we don't correct it now, he will end up with chronic foot and back pain when he is older.

Until next time,

Sierra

p.s. Thank you to the four people who joined my blog, it made me very happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so photogenic and SMILEY! I guess Michael needs to run into a wall repeatedly while I try to catch mine laughing? :) The pictures are beautiful.

    I think it's kinda awesome that Walter's snoring sounds like Japanese music ;)

    I'm so excited for Isaac's food progress! He chose 3 of my favorites, too :)

    ReplyDelete