Monday, October 15, 2012

A little ballerina

First of all, do you like the new layout of my blog? Did you even notice? Don't lie, it's okay if you didn't. Well, now that you know, make yourself at home, explore a little, become a MEMBER. What? Did I say that? It's okay if you don't want to, I understand, but it would make me oh so happy if you did. Either way, I'm excited about the new layout, so let me know what you think (even if you don't like it)!

*********************************************************************************

If Isabella had it her way, she would be involved in ten different extracurricular activities. But since parents are the bad guys (we are so good at playing the part, aren't we?), she had to pick one. I'm not going to lie, I'm glad she picked ballet. She's good at it, and it's a good activity that I'd really like her to stick with. She also has a great teacher (same one as last year) who keeps the silliness in check. She can be silly at home for free, right? I promise I'm not a crazy dance mom.

She enjoyed the three week soccer program she and Maya participated in over the summer, so next year, the plan is soccer and ballet. 

You'll have to forgive my pictures. We're allowed to watch the class once a month, and only from the other side of a sliding glass door, so I was competing with fingerprints on the glass and glare from the open door across the room. 





In case you're wondering why she is concerned about her shoe, they each have stickers at certain spots on their ballet shoes as a reminder where to position their feet.


If you're an adult and enjoy ballet, or would like to include some ballet technique into your exercise program, I definitely recommend these DVDs. I really enjoy them, and it's a good way to do some strength training without just standing around lifting weights. She likes different push up variations, so get ready to stay in a plank for half of the upper body work out--now you can't say I didn't warn you. The last time Isaac was with me when I was doing one of her DVDs, he got mad and pointed to the mat any time I took a break. He's hard core, no breaks allowed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new design AND the ballet pictures! I also love Isaac. I can picture him using his "play this game with me in MY way right now" face to gently encourage you to keep going ;)

    ReplyDelete