Sunday, October 21, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new.

My new couches are intimidating me. Our living-room looks like it belongs to adults, and I don't know how to handle that. I keep thinking, wow, this furniture is too fancy for us. But it's so amazing, and looks so nice, so I'm sure I'll work past this, trust me. My mom is a Realtor, and she list a house that belonged to a very nice couple who were selling some living-room furniture. Knowing that we were in desperate need of some new couches, my mom told them we would be interested, and there you have it. There are leather couches in my living-room, that I would only dream of buying for their real price. Thanks mom!

Moving out the old furniture to get ready for the new stuff elicited a fair amount of trauma in our house. Isabella had a major breakdown, which lasted an hour before we were able to finally convince her that it was okay to be sad about the blue couches, we would miss them too, she could sleep with one of the pillows, and needed to go to bed. It was a disaster. And Stella must have had in her mind that we were moving and surely it was a possibility that she would be left behind, because she was a wreck too! Then, Isaac was mad that we rolled up the rug, and he was out of whack. So now that our new furniture is in its place, everyone seems settled and happy.

Maya turned five and had a tea party for her little girl-friends (plus Isaac, because he had to tag along that day--As you can tell, he had a blast and walked around the table over and over again, growling. He's a very good monster).


 Birthday crown approval...





Aside from moving furniture, we are enjoying a relaxing weekend. Moving day was actually quite fun since we had several friends helping and then everyone over for chili afterward. I love that we have this close knit group where we can send out a call for help and say, "I'll pay you with a meal!" And they are always readily willing to help. I hope you are blessed with a community of friends too.

Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Your new furniture is amazing! I love it!

    Thank you for the pictures from Maya's tea party ~ I hardly got any at all, and the ones I did get are not so spectacular :P

    ReplyDelete