Tuesday, December 13, 2011

a visit with my grandparents...

Isabella is the Leader at school this week. And this morning, when we overslept, I was so tempted to just skip school today, but she's Leader and I don't want her to miss out on that. This also meant that she had to eat dry cereal on the way to school, and the whole time I was apologizing to her that she had to miss her "real" breakfast and she said, "It's okay mom, I'll get to eat when I'm at school too." Some days I feel like she's growing up too fast and I feel like I've missed a lot of "her" since Isaac was born. I guess in an attempt to compensate for that, Isabella's recent interest in chapter books has me super excited. To be completely honest, I've been waiting for the day that I could read chapter books with her. At the end of November, we had one chapter left before we found out what was going to happen to Queen Clarion, and I was going to be gone shooting a wedding. So I purposefully told Walter to just read story books that night because who wouldn't want to know if the giant bird was going to eat Queen Clarion and if all of the other fairies would make it back to fairy land?! Don't worry, nobody died. So anyway, that's our special thing to do before bed now. Isaac usually looks at his own books while we read or he tries to smother Isabella with hugs, which is very distracting. 

*********************************************************************************

My grandpa has been really sick and in and out of the hospital/nursing facility for over a month. We finally made it down to Columbus for a visit which was good because when we tried to Skype I couldn't even talk because I just sat there crying. So these moments were special...




Look at these two love birds...





Isaac was trying to escape...


We knew Isaac was playing with the dollhouse in Isabella's room, but what we didn't know, was that he climbed up in the chair and was sitting perfectly...


He was so proud of himself!



And in the midst of that, the camera shifts to a Melancholy Moose...

She's wearing Isaac's hat. And complaining about something.


I tried to convince Walter to get the ugliest Christmas Tree, but he wouldn't agree.



Isaac is super excited about the tree.


He's scooting away, doing his happy dance...

Stripes, anyone? Horizontal, diagonal, they all go together, right?



Usually the curtains are off limits...








Isaac's angry face...



"Isaac! Show us how you exercise!"




"Isaac! Where is Stella's 'foot'?" (judging by the look on Stella's face, I'm not so sure she likes this game)


To move, or not to move, that is the question...



I moved him, and he stayed asleep for about two hours. Best nap ever.

And since so many people have asked, Isaac weighs 17 pounds 6 ounces and is 28 3/4 inches long. But a couple hours after that weight was taken, he had one of his best ever poops, I should have taken a picture (just kidding!), so he might be down a few ounces after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment