Friday, December 30, 2011

quiet...

I love quiet mornings when we have absolutely nothing to do and I love when the kids are entertaining each other. Unfortunately, the only reason we have nothing to do is because Walter started puking in the toilet this morning. We knew it was coming and when he told me this morning that he was going to get sick, my sympathetic response was, "oh man! and I was kissing you last night!" I'm the best wife.

I am very proud of us for completing our first week of P90X. I would share a picture of my muscular transformation, but you would get scared by how buff I am after just one week. Isaac gets really excited about the workouts and somehow it prompted him to start crawling and even trying to stand up without using anything to balance on. So there you have it, P90X is great for all ages and stages.

Isaac re-purposed his tool table...



Gabe with his scary Lego thing...




Getting ready to STAND!!!!


One arm up!


And then he had both arms up!!!! He was so proud of himself! And trust me, I couldn't be happier that my little man is gaining confidence and meeting some developmental milestones that we've been working on and waiting for.


Isaac means laughter...


Jackpot! Isaac scored some Calico Critters while Isabella wasn't looking.


Last night I had to leave my in-law's house in the middle of a Settlers of Catan game so that I could attempt putting Isaac to bed. He was exhausted until I put his Buzz Lightyear pajamas on and then he freaked out with excitement. Hilarious. And I know our bedtime is crazy and I'm probably way to lax, but when Isaac finally tired of pointing out Buzz and Woody on his pajamas, and his breathing slowed and he rested heavier on my chest, I thought, this is good. This is the way it is supposed to be. Because one day he won't be so little, and I could have stared at him forever. So I stared, and smiled because when he sleeps, he sounds like that thing they use at the dentist to suck the spit out of your mouth. Sometimes I watch Isabella sleep and I think about all of the nights spent nursing and rocking her to sleep. Singing the same three songs over and over again until she was well into dream land. These years are hard. Exhausting in fact. But in the midst of what feels like is taking forever, I going to say it, it really does go quickly




Despite the germ infestation that goes along with bowling, I decided to let my guard down. Isaac was skeptical at first and then he thought it was the greatest things ever.








"I came to dance dance dance!"



This is my skeptical, "Walter, are you changing the settings on my camera?" face...




Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a good time bowling! Love the little shoes :)

    I totally feel ya on the nighttime stuff ~ the nights are long but the years are short. I can just picture Isaac laughing at his pjs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the skeptical face.

    ReplyDelete