Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sierra, Happy Birthday - Walter


When I asked Sierra what she wanted for her birthday she requested a love note.  I have on too rare occasion written one.  So I'll try to take advantage of Isaac sleeping, (he's been asleep for about 3 hours now which must be a sign for me to do this), no good football to watch, and the girls out on a date to see the Nutcracker. 

Sierra, 

I couldn’t be more blessed to share life with you.  You are a wonderful friend, wife and mother.  You are the one I can talk to about all of life’s adventures.  I couldn’t imagine experiencing life’s joys and difficulties without you.  You have remained strong where I have been week.  I am fulfilled and thrive in your closeness and intimacy.  You are the most beautiful woman in my life.  You are a wonderful wife, somehow finding time to share yourself with me despite working endlessly as a mother and photographer.  As a mother you give all of yourself to be our kid’s nurturer, playmate and friend.  You raise our kids admirable being an example of Christ’s love in their life.   You teach them the importance of Christ in their lives and our family.  As a photographer you listen, learn and pursue your passion and creativity.  You strive to capture moments in people’s lives in a real and spontaneous way.     

I want to thank you for being such a big part of the strength of our family.  From the menial unthankful jobs, of cleaning and laundry, to the moments of fun and laughter that we share together you work tirelessly.  Thank you for your patience with me at the times I come home from work grumpy to the times I say stupid things.  Also, thanks for looking past my faults and selfish moments.  Thank you for the perseverance and patience you exhibit with our kids.  I couldn't be more proud of the environment and atmosphere you create for their growth and development.

When I look ahead in life and imagine moments with you and our family I am always excited for the times we will share.   

From the day we met, I have longed for you
Your love and companionship always renew
My spirit and joys for which my thanks are too few
From your intimacy to friendship I couldn’t be more blest
I’ll leave this verse to say the rest.
(I know this is a corny ending to this short rhyme/poem, but hey cut me some slack I'am an engineer not a writer)

Proverbs 31:10-11
10: A wife of noble character who can find?
   She is worth far more than rubies. 

11: Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.

Happy Birthday!  Love Walter

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is amazing. Beautifully written, Walter. Happy Birthday, Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful love note from your husband.

    Love you on your Birthday!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What a lovely priceless gift.

    ReplyDelete