Monday, December 5, 2011

My birthday...

Walter definitely surprised me with that birthday post. And then sent flowers today, so he scored some major husband points this week. 

Last year on my birthday, I had to wake up and give Isaac a suppository and this year I had to take Isaac to his appointment with the sleep doctor (which actually went very well). If given a choice, I would definitely choose appointment over suppository. It's okay, one day I won't walk into the bathroom in search of the missing electric mixer attachment and I won't have to search through toy bins to fine my spatulas turned drum sticks (Isaac's favorite toys).  

We spent a couple afternoons last week at the library playroom. It was so much fun to watch Isaac because his confidence level went up several notches. He was pulling to stand and sitting and climbing--it was really amazing. 





This little camera is how it all started...


Playing with daddy's ring (this is very common "Isaac expression")...




Man, how I love these blue eyes!



Isabella and I went to see the Nutcracker Ballet or, in Isabella's words, "the ballet Nutcracker". We went shopping for a dress and the morning of the ballet she put it on at 8:00 a.m. and her coat and gloves were on by 9:30 a.m. She was just a little bit excited.












Before the show, Sarah and I took the girls (and Milo) out to lunch.




When we got home, Walter told me that Isaac slept the entire time we were gone. We were gone for five hours. Not fair. Especially since the day before I spent most of the morning crying because I wasn't sure how, or when, we would ever sleep again. 

The last couple nights I've drugged Isaac, so I've actually been able to get some sleep. Don't worry, nothing too serious, just some Periactin, which is supposed to be an appetite stimulate (but doesn't work for him) but also makes him very drowsy. Why don't I give it to him more often? Because he gets used to it after a day or two and then it's completely ineffective. Bummer, right? 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the picture of Maya spinning!

    The pictures of Isaac and Walter are precious <3 The ones of you and Isabella, too :) Maya and I had a GREAT time at the ballet!

    ReplyDelete