Thursday, May 5, 2011

rain rain GO AWAY...

Finally the rain clouds cleared and we were able to enjoy a spring-like day (still a bit chilly here).Whenever I drive around I can't help but notice the many shades of green, white, pink, purple, yellow, red...it's wonderful! We're hoping the rain has done it's job and decides to take a little vacation so that we can enjoy all of these beautiful colors! And plant our garden. My poor, sad plants. They've done their best and I've babied them (because believe it or not, seedlings need a lot of love) as much as I could, but some, or many, just didn't make it. That's my own fault though. In our eagerness to enjoy warm weather we planted way too early--better luck next year.

This morning we walked to the park and Isaac clapped for Isabella after she went down the slide...




For several days Isabella has been dressed as a princess. This includes a wand and crown. I'm really surprised she hasn't given up this persona because if you ask me, it's much more fun to play when you are trying to wield a wand and fix your crown every thirty seconds. 


Some flare...







"Wait, mommy, don't take a picture of me until I put my crown on!"








strawberry plants...





and a smile from Stella, because she's really excited it isn't raining...


lastly, a quote from a book I am reading and can't stop thinking about: 

Eucharisteo, the Greek word with the hard meaning and the harder meaning to live--this is the only way from empty to full. --Ann Voskamp One Thousand Gifts: A dare to live fully right where you are

With that said, I guess I should be thankful for the rain!


2 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of reading that book too!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I've been a total slacker when it comes to being on my computer (or not a slacker? either way :)) I now have TWO posts to comment on! The pictures in this post are amazing. Your close-ups of the flowers make me hopeful that spring really is just around the corner. I'm super excited for your garden this year!

    ReplyDelete