Thursday, May 26, 2011

birds, bubbles, and laughter...

Isabella and I have had a lot of fun this week watching the baby birds who are living in one of our front bushes. Well, actually it was living there until I had a sudden impulse to trim the bushes and scared them away. Trust me, I feel bad about it. Especially after I spent two days watching the mother robin tirelessly find bugs and worms for her little ones...so yeah, I connected with the bird, and we had a chat about how exhausting it is to always feed your kids, and they're always wanting more, and more, and more. But now she's holding a grudge because she had the most perfect and beautiful nest in our bush and just like that...poof!...she has to build a new one. I can only imagine how tired she is.


The birds have motivated Isaac to attempt to stand...


A couple nights ago all I wanted was for Isabella to go to bed. She was crabby and was falling to the floor crying about everything and she repeatedly asked me to blow bubbles with her outside and I kept saying no because I just really wanted her to go to bed. Finally I realized how unreasonable I was being and accepted the fact that she wasn't going to fall asleep at 8:30 p.m. like other magical children. So we blew bubbles, and I realized I was being a dumb and selfish mom by not giving in. It was all worth it just see how excited she and Isaac were over floating soap...





Isaac looks like a Nervous Nelly. I don't know why he always hold his leg up like that.





He's mastered smiling with his pacifier in his mouth...that takes skill.



Yesterday I realized that Isaac's foot has outgrown the palm of my hand.


The other thing that has made both of my children ridiculously happy: a pack of spiral straws that cost two dollars from Bed Bath and Beyond...





What Isabella doesn't know won't hurt her! Isaac felt like he hit the jackpot when he discovered Isabella's wand just waiting for him to play with while she took a nap...









****************************************************************************





****************************************************************************

"Mommy, I'm going out on the porch to make mud pies! See you later!"


I'm not kidding, she's spent hours mixing dirt and water, collecting more dirt, and pouring from one bucket to the next. All of this from the girl who wouldn't let a drop of food or paint or marker or anything else for that matter touch her skin or clothing. 



I promise she has other shoes.

Tired girl...


Isaac's all about waving at himself...



He's also all about sticking out his tongue...


Have I told you, I just love this girl so much...





Quotes from Isabella:

--Isaac loves taking a bath and he loves splashing. Isabella on the other hand, does not like splashing and does not like water on her face...
"Isaac, ISAAC, ISAAC STOP it!!"
"Isabella, please don't yell at your brother."
"But he's just splashing me and ruining this day the Lord has made." 

"Isaac, spell BIRD...obviously no response from Isaac...M-A-C."
"Isabella, that's not how you spell bird."
"Yes it is, it's just a different kind of bird."

"Bud, I just love you SO much!" 

"Mommy, did you know there's music in the air?"
"That's right! The birds, bugs, and trees all make music!"

"Daddy, you need to take this flower to work with you so that you can think of me."

"Everywhere I go people take pictures of me!"

Last week Isabella walked out of her room and proudly announced: 
"Mommy! I just found my favorite pair of underwear!"

"I prayed so daddy could fight Bowser."

A prayer in the car today:
"Lord, just make the storm go away so we can be safe."

"Isabella, why are you staring at me?"
"Oh, well, I was just checking to see if there are lots of dirty spiders on your face." Obviously.

*****************************************************************************

13. Isabella on the porch making bird noises
14. heavy whipping cream making sauces extra special
15. Walter home for dinner
16. praying as a family
17. Isaac's curly hair
18. freshly mowed grass
19. the smell of dinner cooking
20. Isabella's prayers
21. kissing Walter
22. Isabella's conversations with Stella
23. Isaac pretending to talk on the phone (he presses the phone against his eye)
24. vacuum cleaners
25. seedlings peeking out of dirt
26. baby birds learning to fly
27. watching Isabella dance





3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Isabella with the bubble wand! And Isaac does look like he really hit the jackpot, lol :) Love the picture of him with his eyes looking SO bright and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12. The girls hiding every time Michael gets home and giggling when he gets close to finding them
    13. Bubble baths (by myself!)
    14. Waking up to sunshine
    15. Realizing that Charlotte is missing and finding her outside on the swingset
    16. Maya talking in her sleep
    17. Maya's insistence that she have at least 5 barrettes in her hair at all times
    18. Watching the bond grow between Maya and Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy knowing that you feel the intensity that your dad and I have felt loving you, Jesse and Josh. The intensity of this love is often so overwhelming I can barely breath.

    We now have Isaac and Isabella to love and enjoy too.

    Remember we had a Robin's nest in our front bush. It is such an honor and so exciting!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete