Friday, May 13, 2011

one day at a time...

At the moment I'm feeling particularly discouraged with Isaac's feeding issues. Yes, we've made some really fabulous progress and he's steadily gaining. But feeding him this week really sucked because he didn't want any part in it and that makes my day quite unpleasant. Walter's also been working extremely long hours so the kids and I have been on our own quite a bit the last couple weeks.

On a happier note, Isaac is up to 14 pounds 13 ounces! And the drool is still at a minimum which has cut back on his laundry--always a good thing. Trying to focus on the positive.

My friend has a rototiller and thankfully offered to rototill our garden--thank you Linda and Michael, it looks amazing! Isabella and I have spent a fair amount of time in the dirt. We've only done this in spurts because Isaac doesn't think it's nearly as fun as we do.





Until about a year ago, Stella wasn't afraid of storms. Now she shakes like a leaf throughout the whole thing and imagine a forty pound, long haired fur ball trying to curl up in my lap...yeah, it doesn't work out so well. The other day, she was so scared she had to go to the bathroom with me. 










The Akron Symphony perfromed a children's concert this week so we joined a friend and enjoyed the show! Here's Isabella and Kendall showing off their dance moves...






At one point I said to Isabella, "do you see that girl is wearing ballet slippers?" And she nodded her head with the cutest little grin and because I'm such a sappy mom, I got tears in my eyes because man does that girl love ballet. I sent in her ballet registration for the fall class and I'm planning on getting ballet slippers for her birthday present. I expect that she will be very excited!



Planting...


While we were planting I heard some kids in our woods and was quite angry. And because I'm a first-born child, bossiness comes with my nature and I have no problem yelling at people who are doing something they shouldn't. So of course I ran after them and yelled that they'd better not come back or I'd call the police (and send my dog after them).



By the way, yes, Isabella's hair looks greasy and disgusting. Don't worry, I washed it, which caused a lot of screaming. So much screaming that Isaac just sat with a look of awe on his face. Mom, I need you to cut her hair!!!

Isabella and I agreed that it's much easier to work in the garden while barefoot.








As many of you know, I'm working on getting my photography business up and running. It's exciting but also a lot of work! I'll let you know when my website is ready but until then, if you're interested in spring or summer pictures of your kids and/or family, send an email, message me on Facebook, or leave a comment on the blog and I'll get in touch with you!

I'm excited about my next blog post because I have challenge for all of my readers...until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I think I tried to comment on this before, but it was on my phone which was acting all funky...

    Anyway, I'm super excited about your "reader challenge"! Also, your garden looks amazing and I can't believe how grown up Isabella looks in this batch of pictures! We're sad to have missed the Children's Concert and will hopefully make it to the next one!

    ReplyDelete