Sunday, November 18, 2012

Snot

Are you running low on snot? Isaac would be happy to share some of his. He's not feeling well, and when Isaac isn't feeling well, we all pay the price. Walter and I have been trading time laying in bed with Isaac and reading books to him. Of course we went over to my parent's house and he played for the first time since Friday. Kids, they make us out to be liars.

Last week felt long and tedious, hence my first post in several days.


Isaac wanted me to open a "na" (banana) for him. I dared him to take a bite. He preferred waving it around. You've probably noticed that Isaac spends a fair amount of time sitting on our kitchen counter. That's his happy place if I actually want to accomplish anything in the kitchen.


Wednesday we had his Craniofacial Team appointment. Isaac was amazing during the three hours we were in this room. Unfortunately, nothing productive came of the appointment. The ENT did call yesterday, and said we may push up the date for orthodontics (who knows when. I'm sure it will still be a few years.) and we will probably try a CPAP for sleep.



Practicing running...




Also, we got Isaac's orthotics, which is a drawn out drama that I'll try not to complain about too much. Finding shoes to fit these darn things in was nearly impossible. Isaac refuses to stand while wearing them, and until Friday, refused to even scoot while wearing them. This is especially frustrating because he just started walking and I feel like we are going to go backward until he gets used to them. I think we'll just take it slowly, and still enjoy the fact that he is walking, but hopefully get enough use out of them before his foot grows and he has to be casted again for a new pair.

Isabella has been the best big sister. She cheers for Isaac when he has his braces on, and tells him how cool he is. He has yet to agree with her.

We have so much to look forward to this week! My grandma is coming for Thanksgiving, and my brother is coming home from college, and my parents are getting their new dog. It should be a great week! Next time, I'll share Isabella's list of things she is thankful for.

Goodnight,

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I thought I had commented on this one but now I can't remember, so I'll comment again :) I hope you've had more luck with Isaac's orthotics, but if you decided to wait a few more days on them I think that is totally reasonable. Like I said the other day, he is doing SO WELL with walking and getting to this point hasn't been easy. He WILL get back to it, even with the orthotics, but it's ok to be discouraged at this new challenge.

    Also, feel free to keep the snot to yourselves. We have plenty of our own around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It's so exciting and joyful. Isaac is so expressive!

    I love seeing our girls reflect the incredible mothering they receive by caring for their siblings.

    ReplyDelete