Sunday, November 4, 2012

For those who need some clarification...

"Babe, did you read the story on my blog?"
"Yeah, um, I mean I read most of it. Did you copy it from somewhere?"
"No! I wrote it. I wouldn't copy something and not give it credit!"
"Well, is it some kind of inside joke? Or does it mean something? I didn't understand."
"Babe, it's a story that includes all of my vocabulary words." (Duh)
"Oh, well, I just don't know anyone else who would do that. I thought you were just supposed to write out the words and memorize them."
"That's called, spelling. With vocabulary you're supposed to practice using them in sentences."
"Yeah, sentences, not a story."
"A story is a compilation of sentences." (He's an engineer, you'll have to forgive him)

Yes, I'm weird, and I wrote a story about a mouse and raven, just so that I could use my nifty vocabulary words. I tend to believe that I am a funnier person than I actually am. And no, the story does not mean anything. I promise. But please, let me know if you analyze it and find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment