Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tonsillectomy: Part 1

The cold I had last week turned into a double ear infection. Trust me, that was not fun. At times, I found myself contemplating whether or not having an ear infection is worse than giving birth. The jury is still out. At least you get something at the end of birth. An ear infection just seems like a useless amount of pain that only results in moping around the house while overdosing on cough drops and Advil.

Isaac's tonsillectomy was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. (today) which meant that we were to arrive at the hospital by 5:45 a.m. Not cool. Long story short, which will probably still turn into a long story, when the six pre-op nurses and doctors came by and checked Isaac, they heard wheezing in both lungs. This also meant that I underwent serious interrogation regarding his breathing, his wheezing, potential asthma, laryngospasms, bronchospasms, breathing treatments, his coughing, his sleeping...AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I wanted to hurt someone, but I didn't. But Walter did have to remind me several times, to stay calm. Seriously, it was like one of those personality tests you take that asks you the same exact question, ten different ways, just to see which way trips you up. You silly doctors, you don't fool me! I admit though, I was getting confused after the two and a half hours...does he have a history of wheezing...has he been diagnosed with asthma...has he had a cold recently...I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE! 

Well, we were sent home, and Isaac has been acting like a free man all day. I think he knows that he foiled our plans. Back again next Friday. After we left the hospital and I had a good cry, we went to lunch, and then to the pediatrician, and then to have a chest x-ray. Boy was that fun.

I'm not sure who this baby is, it's definitely not Isaac. Isaac looked like we might possibly kill him with this device or he was just having a psychotic break down. Either way, he wasn't happy. So we rigged up a different scenario because I was like, "lady, that's not going to work for my kid, so you better have another trick up your sleeve."

Photos from a Google search...

Pigg-O-Stat™ Immobilizer/Positioner


Have you ever played with those tiny Legos? Their amazing. I've been really proud of myself for innovative Lego building.



I love this next picture. He's so focused.







Isaac enjoys chasing us around the house with various animals that make a very ferocious growl. All animals (except cows, for some reason) growl.




I'm pretty sure if Milo were older, he would totally hit on me. We have a special connection and he's very flirtatious.








Isaac scooted over to show off his head lamp...









And then Isaac came back with his kitchen utensils and Milo touched him on the leg, and then their pleasant friendship was over. Isaac doesn't like when people touch him. It makes him scoot around angrily while he holds his hair and attempts to find the perfect object to hit his head on. I'm getting good at shielding his forehead before it comes in contact with hard objects. Until Friday, when we had our group of friends over, we didn't realize how protective he is of his high chair. Yeah, don't even think about touching it. Oscar touched the tray, and Isaac lost his marbles.



I'm tired. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously, truly, forever grateful for those Milo pictures...they are amazing! I mean, I gave you a lot to work with, but holy moly they are so good ;) If it's alright with you, I would love to get one (or more!) printed!
    He is definitely in love with you and is trying to woo you away from Walter with those eyes ;)

    I also love the pictures of Isaac making a necklace and Isabella and Isaac playing with legos.

    That xray contraption looks scary ~ I'd be afraid of it, too!

    ReplyDelete