Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hooray!

I'm sure some of you will be completely shocked and think I'm just a little bit crazy (or a lot crazy), but, we've decided to home school Isabella. WHAT?! WHY?! WHAT KIND OF CRAZY PILLS ARE YOU TAKING?! First of all, I'm taking pills to lessen the craziness, I guess they're not working. Secondly, all of this discussion on homeschooling began as Walter and I were trying to decide what would be the best option for Isabella, and the start of kindergarten. Walter attended private school for all of his schooling until he entered college, and I attended public schools (very good ones). With that, we have very differing opinions about schooling. Obviously, kindergarten isn't all that important. It isn't going to make or break the rest of her life, so if "doing" school at home next year doesn't work, we'll consider other options.

As of a few days ago, the plan was to send her to a program where she would go to school two days and then we would do the rest of the school week at home, but after doing some research, I've decided that I can do it on my own and save that money for her to have another extracurricular activity. I definitely have my moments where I think that it would be much easier to send her away to school...like right now, as she sits on a chair screaming because that's what she has to do (not the screaming part, that's optional) until she's willing to put the box of crackers back in the pantry and get dressed for church. Parenting is so much fun! 

If you're considering homeschooling your children, I definitely recommend the book, A Well Trained Mind by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer.

And now, a big hooray for Isaac, who weighs eighteen pounds! His gastroenterologist is very happy with his weight to height ratio. Now that Isaac has the mini button, we have to change it out every three months. Last week we had an appointment to learn how to do this. I was really dreading it, but we survived, and his doctors said I work very well under pressure and offered me a GI Fellowship. I kindly declined. I think I'd prefer neurology instead. Working with people's bodily functions all day doesn't really appeal to me.

*********************************************************************************

"Mommy, why do you keep taking pictures of us?"
"So that when you're bigger I can remember you."
"Well...we sure are cute kids!"




This is yet another example of a prime photo op, when someone else is around to actually take a picture, so that my kids know they have a mother, and, they both look weird...


I look so much like my mom in this next picture...it's a little freaky...





Have a wonderful weekend!

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Yay Isaac! Yay Isabella (and you!) for your homeschooling decision :D You guys will make a great team :) Let me know if you need a biology tutor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I officially think you've become psychotic...

    ReplyDelete