Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Buzz and Barbie

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to play Toy Story Operation last night. Confession: Upon realizing we didn't have the right size batteries, I made a special trip to the store, just so we could play the game. It was fun. Obviously, I won.

Isaac has had the last couple weeks off from therapy, and during that time I've become oddly domestic. Mainly this includes a new interest in baking, which I usually can't stand, but both kids are really enjoying "helping", and I must admit, Isabella actually was quite helpful when we made dinner rolls last week. Sure, they turned out shaped like blobs instead of the pretty little knots shown in the cookbook picture, but who cares.

In other areas of domesticity, I've finally come to learn that I have a very passive aggressive relationship with laundry. I have absolutely no problem actually doing the laundry, but when it comes to putting it away, man oh man, we enter a stare down. My washer and dryer just so happen to be in my kitchen. Yes, we're very European over here. Europeans are usually ridiculously organized though (sorry for the stereotype), so that works out for them. I applaud you. You are amazing. I, on the other hand, prefer to iron my clothes instead of folding them and putting them away. So I walk by the laundry, back and forth, all day, pretending it doesn't exist, until people start annoying me with questions like, do I have clean jeans, where are my tights with the purple dots and pink hearts and blue stripes with green stripes going the other direction--you know the ones...etc. 


Stella is unpredictable when we're out of the house, so she stays in the office while we're gone (and sits on my desk and gets all of my sewing stuff covered in hair). Unless of course, we put her in the office and forget to close the door. An upset stomach resulting from the consumption of diapers never seems to deter her from more diapers when we aren't around. I use a mini blender to mix Isaac's milk, and I have no idea how, but Stella got the blender cup off of the counter, removed the lid, and finished off some milk. She's had a very grumbly tummy today.




As always, Isaac makes us laugh with his endearing sense of humor...


When we were about leave Sarah's house Monday morning, Isaac couldn't part with this smaller Buzz Lightyear. So we're borrowing Buzz, and I'm pretty sure he's happy on his vacation at our house. He met Ballerina Barbie, and they're having a very intense affair.





I am very happy, and relieved, to share that Isaac is the recipient of a special fund at our area hospital that pays for children to have therapy when their insurance will not pay for it. This is a huge blessing for our family and an answer to prayer. I'm looking forward to watching Isaac continue to thrive in physical therapy, speech therapy, and feeding therapy. That also means my break is over and it's back to the appointment grind. It's okay. Research states that the first three years are critical, so I'm determined to give Isaac everything he needs. 

Continuing with One Thousand Gifts...

78. Tube Feeding Awareness Week
79. lots of counter space in my kitchen
80. watching my brother play the Angelina Ballerina Game
81. Isaac saying, "ball"
82. doing puzzles with Isabella
83. Isabella whispering in Isaac's ear, "The Lord is always watching over you." 
84. both kids asleep in the car
85. warm days in February
86. Isaac napping long enough that I can exercise
87. wandering around a bookstore with Walter (this is very unusual for him, but he appeased me on Saturday when I said I really needed some time with him and books--haha)
88. a mail day containing only junk mail
89. Isabella running around the yard with Oma
90. talking to my grandparents


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Buzz and Barbie are pretty intense there!

    If I'm being honest, I have to admit that I totally miss my kitchen laundry center. I was *way* more on top of laundry when it stared at me all day. Now that it's hidden I can just pretend it doesn't exist :) (confession ~ Michael wore one black sock and one white sock today because he couldn't find any clean ones that matched. I think he did it just to make a point. I also think he forgot that he knows how to fold laundry ;))

    I am sooooo happy for you guys getting the fund for Isaac's therapies! Yay for generous donors!

    ReplyDelete