Tuesday, February 14, 2012

life goes on...

I so desperately want to be in Columbus this week. My grandpa's funeral isn't until Saturday, and unfortunately, Isaac has three major appointments this week, all of which we've been waiting several months for, so I can't reschedule them. Tomorrow morning he has a CT and MRI, which will require general anesthesia. I wouldn't typically be nervous about these but Isaac is unpredictable when sedated. He's on a three day steroid treatment to help in avoiding another laryngospasm. Wednesday morning, we meet with a new ENT and I will not leave that office until we have a tonsillectomy scheduled. I'll be annoying and follow the doctor around and sit next to him while he eats lunch and whisper in his ear, "tonsillectomy" over and over again. Then, Friday morning, we have an appointment with the plastic surgeon to review the CT results. Today we went to PT. It was rather unpleasant. Apparently a break from therapies has not had a positive effect on Isaac. Last week at speech he sat and stared blankly at the wall with his mouth hanging open, and at PT he just cried. It was fun, let me tell ya. A few hours later he had a tantrum about something, not even sure what, and screamed so much that he threw up. Yep, it's been a fun day. Oh, and in between all of that I got a migraine. I'm better now, but I can't wait for Walter to get home. 

Two pictures taken by Josh











Right about now, I'm feeling sorry for Strawberry Shortcake...









And right about now is when I'm going to make a confession. I watch The Bachelor. I know, that's really lame of me, but I can't help it. I've made some interesting observations...

-I just want to know, is it a rule that the girls wear bikinis? I mean, really, does anyone know? Because, I'm just thinking, if I'm going to jump out of a helicopter, into the ocean, I don't want to have on a bikini . 
-What is the deal with wearing a scarf while on a tropical island? That is so weird! Who does that? It's hot and humid, and you're wearing a scarf. That doesn't make any sense to me.
-Add to the scarf craziness, extremely short, shorts and dresses. Would you want to ride a bike with a short skirt on? Not me.
-Maybe I'm just jealous, but doesn't it look like all the girls this season have breast implants? By the way, I'm totally not jealous, I've had my taste of bustiness from pregnancy and breastfeeding, and I'm happy they disappeared, or, as Isabella announced loudly, in the bra section of Nordstrom, I got new "nurshes". Leave it to your four year old to state the obvious.
-The obsession with helicopters is a little insane.
-What is up with deciding you can accomplish anything together just by jumping out of a helicopter, off a bridge, off a mountain, etc. You name it, they've jumped off of it. And they all say the same thing afterward, "Now that we've jumped off that ridiculously high (insert object), I know that we can do anything together. This means that our relationship will truly survive and we're meant to be together." Sure, keep telling yourself that.
-How boring is Ben? Has he said anything remotely interesting this whole season?
-Did you see the girl last week who was trying to coach Ben through their first kiss? What was up with that? I mean, we all know, the first kiss is forgettable, at best, but just get it over with and move on to the good ones!
-I am surprised, once again, that twenty-five women can instantly fall in love with one man. Something just isn't right about that.

Okay, now I need to go finish the episode from yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I totally want to follow you to your ENT appointment with a video camera. It could be like a new reality series :)

    I don't watch The Bachelor anymore, so I appreciate being filled in on all the important details, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w sarah. You need s reality show. I know you want to be in columbus but grandpa wouldn't want you to cancel the appointments even with a funeral. Isaac is first and he knew @ the appointments.

    I don't get the bikini and jumping I wonder how many wardrobe malfunctions there have been with all the jumping and than the idea of swiming w sharks the camera people you just fed and these girls just shaved their legs. Maybe there are sharks w no teeth!neen

    ReplyDelete