Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a flag and a salute...

My first head cold of the year has arrived. I don't have much of a voice, so I've been telling Isabella for the last couple days that she has to be a really good listener because it hurts my throat to talk. This has prompted her draw many pictures to "help me feel better". The last one, was in her words, a picture of me after I fell down and spilled coffee, and there was bleed (blood) everywhere. How comforting. 

All four of Isaac's appointment last week, went really well. He is going to have a tonsillectomy on Tuesday of next week. The plan is that he will stay one night in the PICU and one or two nights on the recovery floor. I've heard that recovery from a tonsillectomy is horrible. But really, can it be that much worse than having your skull cut open and put back together? I guess we'll find out. 

His CT scan was perfect and his skull is looking very good. I finally got a chance to see all of the many pins in his forehead--kinda cool. 

Just for some added fun, I gave in and agreed to let my mom take me to urgent care Thursday night. After four days of an on again, off again migraine, I couldn't take it anymore. And by that I mean, I missed book club to go to the doctor. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The doctor told me, "I looked a bit dry", I wanted to assure him that I use my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer every day, but he didn't seem like one who is receptive to sarcasm. I got an IV full of a lovely concoction. I've never been drunk, but I'm pretty sure the way I felt, was close enough. Then, I threw up in my mom's car. Awesome. Now, a note to all of you people with clean cars: guess what, you're car would have gotten vomit all over it. But my mom's car was stocked with grocery bags, so we were good to go for several more rounds of puking. Thank you very much

*********************************************************************************

Some people may think this is really weird, but, I took pictures at my grandpa's funeral. There were at least one hundred and fifty people there and I knew my grandma would want a way to remember all of it. Also, people don't tend to talk to or hug the person holding the giant camera. And that made it much easier on me. I definitely didn't want to talk to anyone and I don't like hugging people I don't know. 







I just finished watching season one of Downton Abbey, so I'm into fancy up dos right now. I should have taken a picture of the back because I received many compliments on my hair.  











*********************************************************************************

After ballet, Isabella said, "Mommy, I think I'm changing my name to Ariel. Even though I'm not a princess." 





Isaac made his own little play corner. Don't ask to borrow a book. I don't let people touch my books.




Isaac started saying, "bub-ble"! He also started saying, "ma-mum"...remember, that's all I hoped for? Now that's pretty much all he says. And he tends to yell it at me.







signing, "bird"...






A few more thoughts concerning The Bachelor: 


--What is with running and jumping on your boyfriend every time you see them. If you do that, you're weird. Although, maybe I should try it. I'll take a running sprint down the hallway and jump on Walter when he gets home from work tonight.
--How can one say, with a completely straight face, "this is my boyfriend, Ben", when you know he's dating three other women?

And lastly, I'm now blogging for Andrew, so check out his blog at, Grooms Are People Too.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I know that your grandma (and whole family) will be so appreciative of them.

    Next time I start to get discouraged about the state of my car, I'll remind myself that I'd rather it be messy than vomit-soaked :)

    ReplyDelete