Saturday, January 14, 2012

bridezilla

It turns out I am a much worse model than I previously thought. Despite the fact that there has been a movement toward photojournalism wedding photography, and people don't want you to pose them, guess what, you look better when there's some posing. I'm all for minimal posing, and Andrew is really good at posing the bride and groom without making them look overly posed. If you know what I mean. Candid without really being candid.

I thought I would throw on my wedding dress and get a feel for the whole thing. A while ago I purchased a couple wedding magazines so that I could go through and study the poses. It turns out, even with the picture right in front of me, I'm really bad at this modeling thing. Dashed are the hopes of a career in modeling. Well, if they ever decide to hire models who are 5'2" (maybe two and a half inches).

I set the camera on the tripod and used a remote shutter. All of that led me to become a bridezilla since it wasn't working as planned. Add to that, Isabella kept asking what was under my dress...my body.

Walter took over as my photographer. Note to brides: don't hire a photographer who tells you that you need butt and breast implants. Thanks babe, you're the best.

Lately I've been trying to practice short lighting. Since Walter makes the rules during P90X, I get to make photography rules, and my goal was to position myself so that he could use that lighting technique. He also had strict instructions not to change the aperture or my other settings. 










Too bad my photographer didn't tell me that string was hanging out. 

Happy Weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is really great and you could have a career as a short model standing on a stool!

    Love Mom at 5 ft 2 inches
    Still waiting for the modeling company to call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously don't know what you mean about not being good at this modeling thing ~ you are much too hard on yourself! You are beautiful!

    Let me know if you decide to go ahead with those butt implants ~ I will gladly be a donor ;)

    Good job as the photographer, Walter! :D

    ReplyDelete