Thursday, March 10, 2011

Smiles from Isaac....

Isaac and I just got home from a very successful OT appointment. Did you know your lip and cheek muscles can be tight? Don't lie, you know you just checked yours. Well, it turns out that may be part of the problem with why he can't suck on a bottle. And really, I wouldn't care if he could take a bottle or not because Isabella never had one, but he needs calories and we don't want him to have a G-tube, which is a feeding tube. He also did really well with pureed pears being spoon fed to him today. Which is huge because he didn't scream when the food went in his mouth and even better, he actually moved the food around in his mouth. Okay, so he didn't really swallow anything, but we're taking baby steps and any progress is good progress! So I'm happy! 

If you're looking for something to keep your toddler occupied, I recommend planting seeds. It cheap, fun and a pretty cool science experiment! Our sunflowers are growing a little too fast though. I think maybe we planted too soon, but with my past planting failure I didn't have great expectations and the pessimist that I am, I wasn't really thinking they would grow at all. I'm glad they did though because otherwise I'd have one unhappy three year old on my hands. The first day we saw the green poking through the dirt Isabella was so excited she was shouting, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I'm so excited, my sunflowers, my sunflowers are growing!!!!!" I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty darn excited too! And because we are longing for spring, we planted some more seeds this week because it's so fun to see happy little seedlings! I think spring is coming soon though because I heard birds chirping this morning!

Speaking of morning, Isaac thinks it's really cool this week to wake up at 5:30 a.m. Unfortunately, I don't think this is cool. Walter said we should change our last name to Zombie so that we can be The Zombies.

And speaking of hearing things, I'm pretty sure that Isabella will be deaf soon. She started losing her hearing when she was about two and a half, and let me warn all mothers of toddlers, it only gets worse. Here's a typical conversation with Isabella: 

Isabella, what do you want to do today?
What?
What do you want to do today?
What?
We're going to the library.
Oh, okay, that's great!
********************************************
Mommy, may I please have a snack. 
Okay, what kind of snack do you want?
What?
What kind of snack do you want?
I want bread with cream cheese.
Okay, which table are you going to sit at?
What?

This seriously goes on and on and on and Walter and I randomly test her by whispering when she isn't expecting it so that we know this is totally a case of selective hearing.  


I don't know why we haven't done this more often, but Sarah and I met at the gym so that the kids could play on the indoor tree house--very cool....






Compliments of Walter.....

I really wish I could do more of this each day...just not upside down....

and hopefully my mouth wouldn't hang open like this....


Calling all fairies.....
In case you're wondering why Isaac looks so weird, he's flapping his arms. He takes arm flapping very seriously.



Anybody need a doctor?


She makes house calls.....

It's been raining non-stop and we needed to get out of the house and I wanted to do something special with Isabella, so we went to the pottery painting place (I don't know what else to call it)....





She likes stripes....

Isabella chose to paint Ariel....





Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo glad the appointment went well ~ yay for progress!!!

    Stella is too funny (and quite cooperative, too! :)).

    We had a blast at the tree, and would be happy to go back anytime!

    ReplyDelete