Thursday, March 17, 2011

Freak out....

I woke up this morning, after very little sleep last night, and read this e-mail from Sarah: "what happened to your blog???" At first I thought it was probably some weird formatting thing that happened and then I went to the link and every alarm in my head was going off as I was thinking WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BLOG????? Blogger stated that it had been removed. Well, this resulted in an immediate meltdown--Isabella style. I tried calling Walter's cell phone, no answer, then the lab he was supposed to be in, not there, then I called my mom and the first thing out of my mouth was (sobbing of course), "MY BLOG IS GONE AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT." Why was I so upset you might ask. Well, first of all, it seems pretty obvious to me, but I'll give you benefit of the doubt and explain...um, hello, everything I've written about my kids is documented here and I would be devastaed not to have it. Praise God though because after clicking many random buttons and shedding many tears and much snot and I didn't wash my face before I went to bed (I know, number one rule of wearing makeup: Wash your face before you go to bed--sorry) so I had mascara running everywhere.......it came back and now I'm back in business and here you are reading all about my interesting life and my two amazing children and hilarious dog. While I was on the phone crying to my mom Isabella said, "mommy what's wrong?" And I said, "my blog is gone and everything I've written in the past year is gone and I don't know what to do."

Last year I had a similar scare when my laptop randomly stopped working and I was horribly upset because though I do share quite a bit with you on my blog, I also write a lot in my journal, which is a Word document--you're bummed right, you thought you were in on all the juicy details of my life--sorry. Well, now we have three different hard drives that simultaneously back up (I think) everything on the computer, so that problem is solved.

Then this day just kept getting better because I've spent about two hours on the phone with people who work in doctor's offices who are seemingly incompetant. Have you heard of the show Tabitha's Salon Takeover? There needs to be Tabitha's Doctor's Office Takeover--Hello, I'm Tabitha and I'm taking over. I've cancelled all of your appointments for the next week and by the end of it some you may still be here and some of you may not.....yeah, I watch it a lot in the middle of the night. All I want to know is: HOW HARD IS IT TO FAX A PIECE OF PAPER!!!!????? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. Anyway, I'm trying to remain calm and nice and I was really doing a good job until I talked with Isaac's regular pediatrician's nurse and she said that he (the doctor) didn't want to step on this other doctor's toes by calling in the order for some tests that are supposed to be run and I started crying and I said, "I don't care about stepping on toes. Toes need to be RUN OVER right now because nothing is getting done and this is important and if he'll fax over the papers we won't ever go to that doctor again because he isn't doing ANYTHING and something needs to be DONE and it doesn't matter anyway because I never WANT to see that doctor again and I have an appointment with the Cleveland Clinic on Wednesday and we'll just see THEM from now on because this is ridiculous. Well, she was very nice and sympathetic and now I'm waiting for yet another phone call--fun stuff!

So anyway, it's been a long day but the good news is that Isaac has gained another ounce! And I'll leave you with that. Sorry, no pictures this time!

1 comment:

  1. You've had quite a day, oh my goodness! Sorry about the blog-scare. I would have been freaking out for real, too. And this is completely unreasonable and I recognize that, but I would have been very mad at Michael for letting it happen, lol :) Because you know, he has control over the entire internet :) Maybe God knew you needed a "cry day" today ;) Hope tomorrow is much MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete