Thursday, March 24, 2011

Meet Angelina

We have a new addition to our house. Her name is Angelina Ballerina and apparently I'm supposed to call my son, Polly (and in the show Polly is a girl, but Isabella insists that we can just pretend he's a girl). Angelina has been dancing around the house in very extravagant and showy ways and says thinks like, "bal-le-lais really like to eat cereal, and bal-le-lais really need vitamins." The only thing she's having trouble with is walking on her toes. As you can imagine, this leads to very slow walking.


We found this bathing suit at Babies R Us and yesterday Angelina told me she "just needed to try it out in the bathtub"


Isaac and I left bright and early yesterday morning to see the new GI doctor and I'm so glad we changed doctors! The appointment went really well and Walter and I are feeling very good with what they had to say (we saw two doctors). Basically they think Isaac is going to be just fine. And the best part of the whole appointment was that Isaac weighed in at a whopping fourteen pounds! I told the nurse I was so excited I might start to cry! He'd better still weigh fourteen pounds at his OT appointment today. We're going to try a medicine that is supposed to make him feel hungry. Now, as they said, the only real downside to this medicine is that it may make him sleepy.....WHAT?! That's not a downside, that's the best thing I've heard in almost a year!!! Bring it on. How much can I give him??? No, I promise I don't want to drug my baby into a sleep induced state--well, maybe just a little bit especially since I feel like a walking dead person today. Isaac was awake and playing from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. and only slept for a few hours before that. We were sitting on the couch together at 4:30 a.m. and he kept looking at me and laughing....CHILD, THIS IS NOT FUNNY! Actually though, he's so darn cute it's hard not to be charmed by him. 


I love these blue eyes and secretly wish I was born with blue eyes. p.s. I don't know what's up with my pictures looking so bad lately.

Tonight we'll try the new medicine and I'll be so rested in the morning that I'll feel like a genius because my brain will actually work; I'll have so much energy that I'll whiz around the house and Isabella won't be able to keep up with me. I'll let you know if that actually happens. 




1 comment:

  1. Yay for a happy post! :) Here's to hoping Isaac sleeps better tonight (and as I say basically every day, I'm not sure how you do it!)

    Oh and your pictures look amazing as always, you're crazy.

    ReplyDelete