Saturday, March 26, 2011

Isabella....

I can't think of any other person who has made me laugh as much as Isabella has made me laugh over the past three years. She really does amaze me and I'm so excited to watch as she grows and changes into a wonderful young woman. Yes, at times it is hard to foresee what she will be like when she is falling apart and having a complete meltdown that lasts half an hour just because he toes are wrinkly from staying in the bath too long (yes, this did happen), but I just love her so much and I can't get over how funny she is. A couple days ago, Walter and I were watching Isaac play and he said, "I wonder what he's thinking." And then we both confirmed that we always know what Isabella is thinking because she shares every single thought, however minute, that goes through her head. When we ask her take a break from talking she reminds us that she "just can't stop talking, ever, I have to talk all day long!"

Yesterday Isabella insisted that I was grandma and she was mommy. As the 'mommy' she was determined that she must nurse Isaac--I know, kind of weird. After she pulled Isaac to her and smashed his face into her chest, she gave up because he wasn't really into that idea. She also alternated between being 'mommy' and being 'Angelina' which meant I watched many dance shows and I scrounged up something for dinner because Angelina didn't want to go to the grocery store because that would mean putting some clothes over her bathing suit and I wasn't really all that motivated to go to the store anyway, so we had pancakes. 

She spent a good part of the morning lying in bed pretending she was at Bible study. I asked her, "what are you going to talk about at Bible study?" "I don't know. Maybe God." 











"Mommy, don't take a picture of me!" "I'm not, I'm taking a picture of the pillow!"









  

1 comment:

  1. Love it :) she is quite a beautiful little girl, in so many ways! I really love the color picture of her and Isaac ~ they are both so lucky to have their childhoods documented by such a loving and talented mom!

    ReplyDelete