Monday, March 4, 2013

Detour

I love quiet, and having children makes it challenging to find that elusive, but much sought after, quiet. Friday afternoon was spent doing school work with Isabella, which included drilling addition facts. Talk about tedious. If you want to torture yourself (and your child), do flash cards. Walter didn't survive math fact time, so I had to take over. I have an easier time empathizing with those who do not easily grasp the concept of numbers, or anything having to do with numbers. The key to homeschooling = PATIENCE, or, you will go crazy, and donate your child to a friendly person at the grocery store.

Anyway, this post is not supposed to be about homeschooling, or math, or donating children, which is illegal, by the way.

After math, I set out for the grocery store, but then I realized that I was really hungry, and I have to eat the minute I feel hungry or I get really grumpy. The more I thought about how hungry I was, the more I realized that I also needed my afternoon cup of coffee. And then I pictured myself sitting in a quiet restaurant  reading, eating, and drinking coffee all by myself, and I just had to make that dream come true. So I did, and it was fabulous.

When I finally arrived home from the grocery store, Walter said, "did it really take you that you long to get the groceries?" "Well, actually, I was really hungry, so I had to stop and eat something, and I'd brought my book along, so I read a chapter." Thankfully, my husband knows that I like to be by myself, and didn't care that I took a slight detour on my grocery shopping trip. After all, I did rescue him from addition flash cards.





I couldn't resist, these daffodils looked so happy at the grocery store, and I love seeing them every time I walk in my room.






Time to go. I have a killer headache, and have questioned multiple times why I am sitting in front of the computer working on a blog post, but there you have it. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fairy garden (or whatever you call it). Have you heard anything about the NYT article?

    These are great pictures. Hopefully soon you can have lots of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me something: why do we have to prove that we are not a robot? I seem to be have some trouble proving this.

    ReplyDelete