Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All you need is a little bit of pixie dust...

Once again, blogger put my pictures in the wrong order. 

I wanted to do something special for Isabella for Christmas and I also wanted to give her a gift that would be something we could work on together. The idea to create a fairy garden came from my blogging friend, Susy Morris, over at Chiot's Run. It seemed like the perfect thing for Isabella. She really enjoys arranging little things and spends hours in imaginative play, so I knew a fairy garden would provide the perfect setting to let her imagination run wild. I was also very excited to spend time together, creating a little space for fairies. It is also conveniently doubling as an herb garden (minus the little tree with lights, I'm not sure what that is, but it was cute so I included it).

Her eyes lit up Christmas morning when she opened the parts and pieces belonging to the garden, and then a few days later, we had a wonderful time assembling it and putting pots and stones in all the right places. Oh, and pixie dust. We cannot forget the pixie dust. There is no doubt that the fairies in our house, are high on pixie dust. 


Spreading pixie dust


Showing the garden to Isaac. Remember, my pictures are out of order. This was a mommy and Isabella project.

Sharing some pixie dust...





This is an ice skating rink...you guessed, made out of pixie dust










Introducing the garden to Periwinkle and Tinkerbell...



If you'd like to purchase your own fairy garden kit, you can click on this link to find a retailer near you.. Now I officially sound like a commercial.


5 comments:

  1. This is just lovely. What a great memory you've made together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra, I love the fairy garden!

    How sweet, special and memorable!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm sure Periwinkle appreciates the ice skating rink ;)

    ReplyDelete