Thursday, January 17, 2013

The time I told my daughter to eat a balloon...

Every single night the same annoying re-run takes place in our house. It goes something like this:

"Isabella, time to put your pajamas on."
"I'm so starving...I haven't eaten anything ALL DAY, and I can't go to be without my bedtime snack. I really really need a bedtime snack! What can I have for my bedtime snack?"
"We'll talk about a snack after you put your pajamas on."
"Well, I know you're going to say 'no', but I really want this, and you're going to say 'no', but I'm going to ask anyway..."
"Isabella! Just say it and you don't know that I am going to say 'no'!"
"Can I have treat for my bedtime snack?"
"No."

Last night, a similar scenario occurred, remember, I said this is our nightly re-run, but she finished her snack and came over to ask a question:

"I finished my snack, but I'm still hungry."
"Fine, take a balloon to bed and eat it."

We both paused for a minute, and I realized my mistake, then we burst out laughing and I almost peed my pants. I meant to say, banana. Two very easily mixed up words, right?




The very common sideways glare. This usually means, "Why are you talking to me and/or looking at me--please stop, or I will scream."


Reading her homework story to daddy...


Talking on the phone with Aunt Rosie...

My tip of the week: Don't let your kids eat balloons. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment