Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a thanksgiving feast...

Yesterday Isabella's preschool celebrated Thanksgiving. Isaac and I went to join their little feast where Isabella was dressed up like a pilgrim, even though she insisted that she was an Indian. They'd made place mats and on the back was the the list of what each child was thankful for. This is Isabella's list:
My pony
My scooter
My daddy
My mommy
Isaac

For the record, she doesn't have a pony, and she doesn't have a scooter.

As you can see, she doesn't spend much time coloring. At home she says it's too much work. 





Isaac was very excited to sit at the table with the big kids. He even touched a grape! This is exciting because he usually only touches things are dry or crumbly, like pretzels or cereal.


Daddy's home!


Isaac still loves to paint and since we keep our easel and paint supplies fairly accessible, he paints a lot.



Unlike Isabella, he doesn't mind getting a little messy, so for now, we're sticking with watercolors.


"Isaac, show us how you pray..."


"Isabella, what do you want to pray for tonight?"
"That I wouldn't be sweaty when I go to school and that I wouldn't be sweaty when I go to ballet."

Isaac is in love with Isabella. During the day he randomly scoots over to her and wraps his arms around her.



I was listening to the radio yesterday when they said that if you don't get at least six to eight hours of sleep a night, you will age faster and suffer from mental decline. Well, I guess I'm doomed. The mental decline is obviously already taking effect and as far as aging, I'm about to turn twenty-eight and feel like I'm at least thirty-five (not that thirty-five is old). But the thirties are the new twenties, right? So that's okay! We're in the process of completing Isaac's sleep diary because the sleep doctor is requiring a consultation before the sleep study is approved, it looks like he sleeps about five hours each night, and definitely not all at once. I'm not even sure how he's functioning. From the parents of children with 9pminus, this seems pretty common: short bursts of sleep and then wakefulness. I even read that one high school student with 9pminus woke up every day around three in the morning to study. From the looks of it, that will also be Isaac's ideal time to do school work. 

For now, Walter and I continue to take turns with Isaac throughout the night. Which is better than it used to be because it used to just be me with Isaac all night. I've also found that if I just surrender and bring him to bed with me, he'll sleep a little bit longer. Don't judge. You don't live my life. The only problem with that is Walter complaining about Isaac snoring. He says he sounds like a horse, which is true, but this is very funny to me since I've been complaining about Walter snoring since we got married! Payback! 

More to come...we've gotta run to Isaac's neurology consult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment