Friday, November 25, 2011

a list...

Poor Stella, Isabella and I were the only ones who had her name on our list of things we're thankful for. Our pumpkin pie was delicious along with the homemade whipped cream. My sister made a really amazing apple pie. I usually don't like apple pie but her version, or at least, The America's Test Kitchen version, was very good. If you're in the market for a well rounded cook book, you can't go wrong with America's Test Kitchen. It's my go-to cook book and though I tweak the recipes a bit they always turn our really well. 

Both kids have colds, so I'm going out today to re-stock up on Elderberry Syrup and Chestal Honey. And I've been forcing Walter to drink Airborne so that he doesn't get sick because I need him in tip-top shape while I'm gone at a wedding tomorrow. So far I've managed to stay well. Which is surprising because I tend to get the kid's colds, times ten. 






Another blog that I read on a regular basis, and also the one that made me not fear making my own pie crust, is Dig This Chick. Have you ever read A River Runs Through It? Wonderful book, you should read it, or I guess, watch the movie. Anyway, I've always wanted to go to Missoula, Montana and learn fly fishing, and then I happen to start reading a blog about a family that lives in Missoula, Montana. Pretty crazy, right?

Check out this post, You are already naked, (I promise I'm not naked, that would be really weird)...here's my list....

1. Take a family trip out west

2. Spend a week on a dude ranch

3. Take a second honeymoon (with Walter of course)

4. Photograph a destination wedding

5. Write a novel

6. Have a studio for writing, thinking, taking pictures, and editing

7. Keep my car clean for more than a week (I hope I can cross this one off sooner than later)

8. See Bruce Springsteen in concert

9. Get the hang of exposure and lighting

10. Learn how to develop film

11. Watch Isabella grow up into a beautiful, confident, and independent woman who is doing something she loves every day

12. Read the entire Bible

13. Continue learning to love me for me

14. Raise my daughter to accept her body just the way it is

15. Inspire other parents of children with special needs

16. Attend a 9pminus conference

17. Attend a CAPPSKIDS (Craniosynostosis support group) gathering

18. Help Isaac reach his fullest potential

I'm sure I'll think of more to add. Walter saw it sitting on the table and said, "I should make a list too." If you want to share, what's on your list?

1 comment:

  1. Sierra, I am sorry I didn't put Stella on my list that I am thankful for. So here is my list:

    1. Stella because she was your buddy before children and now she is your children's protector and keeper. I am thankful she is outside with Isabella when she goes out to play and that she let's Isaac play with her! I am also thankful for her very silly photos that make me laugh!!

    2. I am thankful for LLL for teaching me how to be a strong woman and how to be an advocate for my children. My children have learned and are practicing being advocates for themselves and you are Isabella and Isaacs advocate.

    3. I am thankful that you could skype with your grandpa tonite.

    4. I am thankful that you and Butch are wonderful parents!

    5. I am thankful to have you as a daughter.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete