Friday, February 15, 2013

me go mo wi da

Isaac: (in a high pitched voice) Hoooo Hoooo Hoooo
Isabella: Isaac, please stop making the same sound over and over again! 
Isaac: Hooo Hooo Hooo
Isabella: Isaac! Seriously, that sound is annoying!
Me: Isabella, it's okay, just try to ignore him. Isaac can you make a different sound? Can you whisper?
Isaac: Hooo Hooo Hooo (He's an owl, that never stops hooting)
Isabella: Isaac! You're giving me a HEADACHE!

and then there's been a lot of this: 

Isaac: No, no, no, noooo, ow, ow, ow!
Me: Isabella, I've already told you not to talk to, look at, or touch Isaac. 

Yep. 

Let the sibling games begin. Isaac is already extra sensitive to people looking at him when he doesn't want them to. I mean, I get it, I tend to be on the anti-social side at times, but is it really necessary to say, "ow" when people look at you? And the repetitive noises, that happens all the time. If he isn't hooting, he's growling, and if he isn't growling, he's making some other high pitched noise. Our meals are very entertaining, and quite loud. We try to encourage a variety of noises so that we don't have to hear the same one, but Isaac is a very stubborn person, and if he wants to growl for ten minutes straight, he's going to growl. How he doesn't end up with sore throat, I have no idea. 

Other than growling and hooting, Isaac is making very good progress with making word approximations. You would have no idea what he was saying, but I've gotten pretty good at it. For example: 

Isaac: me go mo wi da!
Me: You want to play mario, on the wii, with da?
Isaac: Ya!

Isaac: buh woooey go!
Me: Buzz and Woody and are in a car?
Isaac: Ya! 






Valentine Sweat Shop


Isabella is making some wonderful progress with reading and math. I am constantly amazed that her brain can absorb so much new information and then spit it back out. I often wonder if I'm pushing her too hard, or teaching her too many new things at once, but she is getting it all, and it's really fun to be a part of this learning process.



Isaac helping unpack his medical supplies. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sierra

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Isaac with the headband is too funny :) And I laughed out loud at your Valentine sweat shop :)

    ReplyDelete