Monday, July 16, 2012

busy

Last week was really busy, and I don't think this week will slow down much either. By Thursday evening, I collapsed on my bed and told Isabella that I couldn't talk for a little while. Mommy needed a time out. 

Tuesday morning we set out on a road trip with my mom to visit my friend Laurie and her daughter, Ellie, at the Pittsburgh Chilren's Institute's In-patient Feeding Program. We spent the day checking out the facility and the program. Isaac and Isabella were great little travelers and thankfully, Isaac picked that as one of his happy days--actually, he may have used up most of his happiness that day. 

For those who are wondering, I decided to stick with Isaac's feeding therapist. I felt like I'd made some really good progress with him, and now he doesn't want anything to do with food, yet again. We'll get there. I'm determined that he will eat and if the feeding therapist won't necessarily help with food, at least she working on compliance. 

Other appointment updates: We met Isaac's new speech therapist and I think she will be a great fit for us. Isaac finally made it on the list for an OT evaluation, and then he'll start working with an OT we've already met. I think once we start with the new SLP and OT, we'll see a lot of progress. They are also willing to help with sensory issues related to food, so I'm looking forward to their insight and learning from them. He also had an ENT appointment with Dr. Milo at Akron Children's. The results of that appointment were positive and overall, he feels that Isaac can swallow safely. Today we have our follow-up appointment with his ENT at Rainbow Babies and I believe the plan is to schedule a sleep study so that we can check up on his sleep apnea which I believe has greatly improved since the tonsillectomy. 

That was a lot of boring information. Good for you if you aren't my grandma and actually read all of that! 

Back from the library, Isaac is reading "Mo" (Nemo)...

Isaac seems to conveniently fall asleep for feeding therapy...


Our 9p- yearbook came in the mail. We are enjoying reading about other families in similar situations. 

This has been my reading spot for the year and a half. It's not comfortable my any means, but if I dare sit on the couch to read, Isaac starts crying. I guess that extra one and a half foot off the ground makes him feel like I'm miles away. Isabella insists she knows how to read. She says, "I can't read the words out loud, but I can read them silently, just like you!" I guess she assumes I just stare at each page for a while.

I didn't have a wedding on Saturday, so I made Isabella's wish come true and we had a lemonade stand. We only had one customer we didn't know.

I thought the whole thing may only last half an hour, but the kids had a blast.

Opa was her first customer.






I'm pretty sure this three dollar bubble blower saved our weekend. It made Isaac incredibly happy.







Family walk






You know you've watched too much Dora when you see a bridge and tell your kids to look out for the Grumpy Old Troll!











No comments:

Post a Comment