Friday, April 20, 2012

Siblings, Stella, Legos...

Those things in the title don't go together. If it were something like, Stella, poopy diaper, stick of butter--that would make more sense. If we put a stick of butter in a poopy diaper, that would be Stella's dream come true. Now that you're ready to throw up, we'll move on.

Mommmmmy, Isaac made me cut my arm! 

And yesterday, when I told her that she and Isaac would get to go to Oma's house to play, she slapped her hand to her forehead and said, "You mean Isaac is coming too? Why is Isaac coming? Doesn't he have an appointment? Whenever he comes, he makes the people in the dollhouse talk when I don't want them to talk. If he comes, I'm never playing with the dollhouse!" 

We've had a lot of this angry attitude lately. It frustrates me because her life is so freakin' awesome that I'm not sure what she has to complain about. I remind myself, and my mom reminds me, and Walter reminds me, that she's four and a half, and it comes with the territory. Whenever she blames Isaac for something he looks at her with complete bewilderment on his face, or laughs, which is what he usually does when she gets in trouble.

We had a really good week of therapy for Isaac. Yesterday we were in the waiting room for feeding therapy and a little boy who looked about Isaac's size, was screaming because his PT was making him use his legs to push himself along on a riding toy. I told his mom that I had tears in my eyes watching him do that because Isaac hasn't done it yet, and I know how amazing those triumphs feel. And then last night, Isaac got on his riding toy, and he did it! It was awesome, and I was cheering like a crazy woman!

He's getting so much stronger, and I love it. We went to PT on Tuesday, and he saw Kate and was like, dude, I know what to do. She wants me to do my sit to stand exercises...I got this. And then at feeding therapy, where last week, he literally screamed and/or had his angry eyes on (I got that from Toy Story, the angry eyes, Isaac really likes to employ angry eyes at therapy sessions) all because he had to use his signs to get what he wanted, yesterday, I put him in the high chair, and he was signing right off the bat. Relief. Trust me, an hour of unpleasant therapy, is exhausting.

Oh, back to Isabella...she has an ear infection and along with it, a lack of hearing. For real, this isn't just selective hearing, which I know all about, no, she actually asks us to talk louder. I'll probably take her to an ENT after she finishes the antibiotic. For a while I've thought she needed her hearing checked, and this whole thing has kind of pushed me over the edge.

Isaac and Stella together, make me smile...




She is so gentle with him

Walter and I have been a tad obsessed with Legos lately. I'm not kidding, a few nights ago we were playing with Legos after Isabella went to bed and while Isaac was having a feeding. 



A walk in the woods...









Do you know how much cheering was involved to get him to wear those shoes? A lot. That's how much.



A big congratulations to my brother who was accepted to the Bio-medical Engineering Program at Ohio State University. Way to go! I'm so proud of you! He and his girlfriend are so cute together! I told her I wanted to borrow that dress. But she borrowed it from a friend, so that probably won't happen. Bummer! It's so cute!




1 comment:

  1. Legos! I am not sure who was the most excited about the Legos for Isaac's birthday! Humm he opened them and was so excited and than they disappeared into the other room where his parents took them and played with them and showed him what they made! Now I know why you requested project Lego's for Isaac's Birthday! Smooth Move Parents!

    We cheer every little success of Isaacs loudly!

    I don't know how he gets those people in the dollhouse to talk??

    I love that Stella is so gentle and kind to Isaac and Isabella. What a great dog!

    Love you,
    Mom aka Gar

    ReplyDelete