Monday, September 26, 2011

Get well...

You never know what life is going to throw at you, and life just happened to throw a two inch curb in my sister's way, which led to a broken foot. Obviously this is quite unfortunate and she in a fair amount of pain. She's still managing to go to work and my mom is the newly hired, but not paid, chauffeur. And Josh, well, he's pretty stoked (I like that word, I should use it more) about the whole thing because now he has a car to drive to school.

When I called Jesse after receiving a text message about a broken foot, I was in shock and unfortunately, I tend to laugh when I hear news like this (that's a really bad thing, by the way). She told me the whole story and in disbelief I kept repeating everything she said until she said, "do you have to repeat everything I say?" Um, yes, that way it sinks in.

A few days later we were at the FedEx store and Isabella wanted to get a card for Jesse. At first she picked out one that told her it's okay that she was so old or something along those lines. I said that wasn't very fitting and suggested a few of "Get Well" options. She decided we should get the one that said "Rest and Relax" because "Jesse really needs rest." That day we ran about five errands...I agree, I am insane, who does that with two children? Anyway, Isabella managed to share with everyone she saw, including random strangers sitting on a bench, all about Jesse's broken foot and all about how we got a card for her and she wrote her name, and Jesse needed lots of rest, and we were going to get a smoothie for her because smoothie's make people feel better.

Yesterday I figured Jesse needed an escape from lying in bed watching crappy Lifetime movies, so I took her to get coffee and then she wanted to go to Ann Taylor. Now, I was curious as to how she would manage all of this while on crutches, she actually did quite well, aside from being completely exhausted by the end of it all. During the whole trip I kept forgetting that she had crutches and couldn't hold other things on her own (coffee, purse, clothes, etc.) and several times I walked away assuming she was following behind only to look back and see her stranded.

Then, a couple brilliant ideas came to me. Reality TV could use a few new options right? Crutches on Ice...awesome idea right? This one is better: Crutchzilla: The Angry Person on Crutches.  Well, despite the unfortunate situation she's in with the crutches and work and the fact that she'll end up with one butt cheek looking like Kim Kardashian and one looking like mine...basically nonexistent...we've managed to get a few laughs out of the whole thing.

Me: "Oh man, I'm bummed, I forgot to bring my camera so that I could get a picture of your crutches in action."
Jesse: "I'm glad you forgot it."

(Don't worry, I'll get one)

1 comment:

  1. Get well soon, Jesse! We totally need a picture of you in your crutches :)

    ReplyDelete