Wednesday, June 23, 2010

There IS such a thing as a dumb question...

When you have a baby or a toddler it's nearly impossible to walk through a store without someone stopping you to see your child or ask you a billion annoying/creepy questions. So, I pretty much have zero tolerance for it because when I go in a store, I'm on a mission and have a task at hand that needs completion. That means that I don't want ANY weirdos talking to me. Sorry, I don't mean to sound mean but when you have kids with you, you know that time is precious before everyone starts to fall apart.

Today was one of those days. I went to the grocery store with a plan and with my mental list which means it's even more important that people not talk to me because I'm checking things off in my head as I go. Isaac was in the Beco and Isabella was at home with my brother. Oh, FYI the most important part of shopping with a baby is to AVOID EYE CONTACT, this only invites people to talk to you and ask those stupid questions. So, here comes the stupid question (remember, Isaac is in the Beco),

Dumb Stranger: "What do you have in there?"
Me: "A baby." And I walk away as I say it just avoid any more questions. Seriously lady, do you think I have a baby lion in here! Maybe a kangaroo, I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me that it's a baby when his ARMS are hanging out the sides! Ugh.
Dumb Stranger: "How old is he? He's so little, he must be really new!"
Me: "No, actually he's ten weeks." Okay, this has to be the end of the conversation...
Dumb Stranger: "Ten weeks! Really, ten weeks. Ten weeks, he's so little."
Me: "Yup, ten weeks." I promise, I'm the one who gave birth to him.

****************************************************************

Quote of the Day:

"Mommy, do you know what to do with the poopy in my underwear because I just don't know what to do with the poopy in  my underwear."

2 comments:

  1. lol :) Yes, avoiding eye contact is basically your only hope. Once someone starts talking they must see...and touch... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could just fall back to your Spanish. "¿Que?"

    ReplyDelete