Friday, June 25, 2010

Funny Quotes, Best Friends, Silly Dog...




Over the past week I've been collecting funny quotes from Isabella...

--While on vacation, a few dead fish washed up on the shore (I know, totally gross) and as I was walking with Isabella she said, "the problem is, sometimes I see dead fish." That is definitely as problem!

--Isabella talked about Oma and Opa the entire week we were gone: "When I get home I'm going to Oma's house. Oma has heart cereal and, and, and she has circle cereal with hearts. I'm going to have cereal at Oma's house!"

--"I'm in June! And Opa calls me a Junebug because my birthday is in June!" She said this about ten thousand times while on our vacation.

--"Daddy, can you cut the crust off of my toast?" "No, you need to eat the crust, it's good for you." "But Oma cuts off the crust." Hmmmm...

--"I'm a sweet little girl whose name is Isabella!"

--"Isabella..." "No. I'm not Isabella, I'm Chukai, you have to call me Chukai." We have no idea where this name came from but almost every day she corrects us and tells us that she is Chukai.

--"Mommy, I have a boogie on  my lip." "Yuck, Isabella, that's gross!" "It's okay, I just ate it!"

--When we were making her birthday cupcakes she watched as I cracked the eggs and said, "Mommy! You just cracked a baby duck in there!" Oh dear, seriously.

--I can rarely tackle Isabella into letting me brush her hair so, the amazing parent that I am, I bribe her with chocolate. This atests to my parenting skills at work: "Isabella, we have to brush your hair today." "Well, hmmm, do they have treats here!" Thankfully I'd packed some chocolate.

--When we have somewhere to go in the morning, I often tell Isabella that she needs to focus on what she is doing so that we can leave. The other day we were getting ready to go to the park and I was texting Sarah on my phone and Isabella said, "Mommy, you need to focus on eating your cereal." "Okay, I'll eat my cereal." "Okay mommy, good job focusing!"

--After a truly incredible tantrum at the library this week, Isabella and I had a long chat about library rules and appropriate behavior. So, when we pulled in the library parking lot yesterday, I decided it was time for a little review: "Isabella, what are the rules for the library? Before we can go in you need to tell me the rules." "Well, how about we go inside and then we can talk about it." Seriously child!

--"Awww, mommy, you're the best mommy I ever had!" "Thanks Isabella, you're the best Isabella I ever had!" "I know mommy."

Here's to getting way too close to the camera, but demanding her picture be taken...
Sarah and I took the girls to the library yesterday and I couldn't help but laugh when Maya walked into the playroom...


And when isn't life better with a basket on your head?




*****************************************

*****************************************
Stella's been getting us back for going on vacation. In the past week she's shredded her fair share of nursing pads (but that's not really anything new), eaten a bag of animal crackers--the stealthy dog that she is had the bag stuck to her nose when Walter went to see what she was doing, oh, and because she all for a natural diet, she made sure they were organic animal crackers first, and somehow she took random items out of my purse and spread them across the yard and dragged my purse to the other side of the yard.




****************************************************
Last but not least, here's to Isaac and the hazard of being a baby is that your toys attack you.



1 comment:

  1. Lol :) Isabella is too funny! And thank you for posting the pictures of Maya ~ mine from that day were just not working out :P Somehow I missed the whole basket-on-head incident!

    ReplyDelete