Friday, June 18, 2010

Finger Lakes Vacation Part 1

I've decided to enter the world of blogging. Mainly because I'm disappointed with the picture quality on Shutterfly and also because blogging seems to be the thing to do so why not try it out! We've spent the last week in New York at Keuka Lake. On our way here we stopped at Letchworth State Park which is hailed as the "Grand Canyon of the East." Well, I've never seen the Grand Canyon, and I don't think there is really any comparison, but it was still worth going to and very beautiful. While there, I told Walter that I was in picture heaven and was practically shaking with excitement to take pictures! I was also eager to try out my new 35mm fixed lense. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw this beautiful rainbow:




When we told Isabella that we were going to stop at a park on our way to the lake, she of course anticipated a playground, so we were very happy when the park did indeed pull through with a small playground!







During our drive to the Finger Lakes Walter and I decided it would have been impossible to drive to Hilton Head this year like we did last summer. First of all, we never would have made it, it's too much with a newborn and three year old. Secondly, from the start of the trip to the end of it we heard: "are we going to a lake?" "where is the lake?" "are we at the lake yet?" "is this the lake?" "I want to play in the water." "when are we going to the lake?" "where is our house?" "why are staying a different house?" You get the idea!



At the start of our trip Walter asked if I brought along Raffi like I did when we drove to Hilton Head...um, no, do you seriously think I want to torture myself again with you singing Raffi for weeks on end? That's a fact, Walter drove me crazy singing, "It's my bath time!" among other annoying kids songs. Instead, we cranked up Johnny Cash which in my opinion, was much more reasonable!



When we arrived at the lake house, Isabella and Walter immediately grabbed their suits and headed for the fridgid water! Surprisingly, she did not mind the cold water and has had a blast all week throwing rocks in the water and sticking her feet in. What's the best thing about going to a lake...there isn't any sand!!! If you know me, you know I can't stand SAND, so I was very happy to see that the shore line only had rocks.

Isaac is still very intrigued by his hand and has even managed to get his thumb in his mouth! I think it's hilarious to watch him. His arms and legs move constantly and he gets so surprised to see his arm pass by his face...too funny! We've also decided that he has a very personal relationship with the star hanging from his playmat, every time he sees it he gets a really big smile on his face.




More to come later, including pictures from Isabella's third birthday and the rest of our vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post and pics; it looks like you're all having a great time! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete