Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday

Walter had to run sound for one our church's other campuses so I took Isaac and Isabella to church by myself. As I was walking down the hall to take Isabella to Sunday School, I couldn't help but observe all of the other mothers with several children and several bags slung across their shoulders--well, maybe the children weren't slung across their shoulders, but you know what I mean. As my own shoulder was aching, and still is because of course I got stuck talking to several different people while I was holding Isaac, my purse which was way to heavy and a bag of diapers that someone graciously gave to me, I was once again reminded of how amazing mothers are. Haha, I know, that sounds really conceited but being a mother has made me realize my own endurance. That's right, being a mom is like constantly taking part in endurance training. Does your arm get tired when you're holding your baby? Of course it does, it starts to ache and soon falls asleep, but because your baby is sound asleep and you've been trying all day to get them to sleep...you don't move, you just plan on taking some Tylenol later! Or, have you ever been holding your baby and you have to pee really bad? Same thing, you cross your legs even tighter and start madly doing kegels so that you don't pee on the couch. Has your baby ever been screaming for hours on end and your back and arms are killing you and your thighs are starting to burn because you've been bouncing up and down the whole time? Doesn't matter, because you're the mom and only moms have the endurance to keep at it. Has your baby and toddler ever both been screaming at the same time and all you really want to do is scream right along with them, but instead, you take a deep breath, count to ten, maybe even go to the bathroom for a minute, and then you use those strong, loving arms, and pick up your baby and hug your toddler and regain control. That's what moms do. Maybe we don't always want to do it; maybe some days we feel like there isn't any more love to give; maybe our body is exhausted and our eyes just want sleep, but I know for myself, that's when I pray and I thank God for my two beautiful gifts and I ask for the strength that only He can give. 

***************************************************************

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. Isabella chose this dress out of her closet and ran around the yard saying that she was a "beautiful angel!" Oh, and if you're ever wondering what the white crusty stuff is around Isabella's mouth, it's cream cheese--she's addicted to cream cheese and apparently I never notice on her face until I'm reviewing the pictures...guess I should make her wipe her face off! We did successfully torture both of our children last night by bathing them. You should have heard the screaming! It was necessary though, Isabella's hair hadn't been washed since the day before her birthday and Isaac hadn't had a bath since vacation either.

Isabella just came and showed me the five band aids she lined up on her leg--"Isabella, that's too many band-aids!" "But it's just a very long boo boo!"

And after church: "Isabella, what did you learn at church today?" "I just didn't learn nufin!'"






1 comment:

  1. Ok, first of all, that second picture? It could totally win a photo contest. Awesome. Second, Isabella *is* so beautiful, she's right! Third, you are right. Moms rock :) Love this post.

    ReplyDelete