Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Vacation, Part 3

Whenever we go on vacation, I bring a ridiculous amount of reading material. After attempting to read more than twenty-five pages in two different novels, I gave up on day two of our vacation and said to Walter that I wasn't going to try to read anything. Since Walter was around to help with the kids, I did end up spending some time planning out our year of first grade (news flash: we're homeschooling again--more on that in another post).

While driving around downtown Pen Yann, I spotted a bookstore. I absolutely cannot pass up a small town book shop. Walter knows this, despite the fact that he probably rolled his eyes, when I shouted, "Look, there's a bookstore!" The shop was so small we basically took it over, while Walter stood on the sidelines observing the book craze. Isabella found a science book she just had to have (it was only $6, since this was a used bookstore). How could I possibly deny her an educational book, since she has hardly ever shown any interest in traditional learning? I couldn't. She was up until 10:00 that night looking through the science book (which just so happens to be a sixth grade textbook, but who cares). 


Our visit to the Garret Memorial Chapel:







Isaac loves holding Isabella's hand. 







With the picture of dead people residing in their cozy crypt, I'll bring these vacation posts to a close. I find it is fitting that I just now finished blogging about our vacation since yesterday, I finally unpacked our suitcases. All in good time...or slow time...or avoidance, I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha...I can relate about the small book shop thing. I am bummed I never had the chance to visit the little book shop near where we stayed on vacation. Yes, take my inner student (nerd) to the beach and I will still want to go buy books :) To me, that's better treasure hunting than the seashell search.

    ReplyDelete