Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Vacation, Part 2

Vacationing with kids basically means, packing up the majority of your home so your kids still feel...at home, stuffing your car, answering the question, "how much longer will be in the car?" three hundred times, and then unpacking the car at an unfamiliar location so that you can resume doing all of the same things you do at home with a few extras. How does that make any sense? 

I've actually been arguing against a vacation for over a year, but I am definitely glad we had the opportunity to stay at the lake house. It was a very low-key vacation, and I know Walter was glad to get away from work. 

Isabella tried to catch a fish. Or, in her words to my dad: "We almost catched a fish, really, we almost did!"  










I think we'd been at the lake house for about five minutes when Isaac spotted these ducks, and they joined him for every feeding over the following five days.


I have to run. This was a quick one since I'm trying to squeeze in a post while Isabella writes her assigned sentences.

-Sierra

4 comments:

  1. Ducks! It seems to me those were Isabella's favorite ducks 3 years ago!

    Love to you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story about the total house packing. At a children-screaming-critical moment in the middle of the night on our vacation when I considered leaving, it was the sheer thought of having to repack that kept me staying put. I hear you, Sierra. I stand by the thought that with kids there's only "trips" not "vacations"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet memories and pictures. good job!
    - Anita McGuire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the perspective of vacation with kids. I don't know why we do it but dad and I took you on vacation from the time you were about 1 year old and continued as our family grew. We are still going on vacation and I take my own blanket now so I feel more at home!

    Love you,

    Mom aka Barbara

    ReplyDelete