Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Daddy is going on a vacation"

Isabella was spreading all kinds of rumors last week. When we told her that Walter had to go out of town for work, we overheard her say to complete strangers, "My daddy is going on a vacation" and another time, "My daddy is leaving and I don't know when he is coming back". Clearly, we didn't emphasize the work part in his leaving. So, to anyone who is under the impression that we have a failing marriage and Walter is up and leaving us forever, he's not. Technically, anytime anyone in this house, gets to sleep away from home, for an entire night of uninterrupted sleep, it's a vacation. Maybe Isabella was onto something with her interpretation.  

Around the garden...



Morning snuggles...

A frog doing laundry...


Isaac follows Isabella around and says, "read book, read book"...









Our week without Walter went smoothly. I treated myself to a piece of cheese cake from a local restaurant, which lasted three days. I take very small bites. I'm the person who still has their Easter basket candy a year later. My husband, on the other hand, has a sweet tooth. If we share a piece of dessert, he eats it so fast that as I'm about to move on to my second, slow bite, I look down and there's barely anything left. So, I enjoyed savoring my cake.

I've been very busy with the start of our school year. We are gradually adding in all of our subjects and I am attempting to establish a routine even though our days get mixed up with appointments. I love the flexibility of homeschooling and that we all get to be together each day. I have a lot of fun things planned for Isabella this year, and she is very excited that she is officially in first grade!

1 comment:

  1. "My daddy is leaving and I don't know when he's coming back..." Oh goodness, glad the week went well! Love the flowers! Your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete